Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Anyone know why the IPG is asking me which satellite to get the guide from? DSR922.

I get the same prompting message when the guide needs updating too. I sub thru Skyvision & some of the channels are on W5. My guess would be that either W5 or G1 are used for this depending on the package you are subbed to. My DSR922 gets hits on either of these sats.

I get the same prompting message when the guide needs updating too. I sub thru Skyvision & some of the channels are on W5. My guess would be that either W5 or G1 are used for this depending on the package you are subbed to. My DSR922 gets hits on either of these sats.

So, the DSR922 can get IPG updates from W5 if you subscribe to any W5 programming?

So, the DSR922 can get IPG updates from W5 if you subscribe to any W5 programming?

NO the 922 only gets Guide updates from G1-3. When the Motorola datastream goes away 12/31 and a 922 gets remapped for HITS's 410 stream then it will get updates on W5.

NO the 922 only gets Guide updates from G1-3. When the Motorola datastream goes away 12/31 and a 922 gets remapped for HITS's 410 stream then it will get updates on W5.
Just for the heck of it I left my DSR922 on W5, TVGame ch 440, for a few hours today, powered off. It got hits alright but not guide updates. When the info button is pressed on the remote it still prompts that guide information is available on G1.
I seem to recall that G1-3, 150 & 167 are all valid for hits. I've left mine on ch 150 & the guide seemed to stay current while the ird was off.
The ALTV test bars are still there on W5 BTW.

My 922 is subbed to W5 on a fixed dish and gets it's hits and remaps there just fine for a few years now. The guide data in minimal showing only the title of the current program airing without any details.

My 922 is subbed to W5 on a fixed dish and gets it's hits and remaps there just fine for a few years now. The guide data in minimal showing only the title of the current program airing without any details.

W5 will show that on a 4D but nothing else yet.

BUT it is getting guide info from that sat?!
Well that is somthing new to me.
Terry

If you let your guide info run out and go to W5 it always got what show is on. I have seen this for years.

Talking about the guide I have noticed that there is very little info coming from G1-3 now. I wonder if Motorola isn't experimenting with a trickle down stream that they will use on W5 for us after 12/31. Anybody else notice very little guide data when we update on G1-3?

Talking about the guide I have noticed that there is very little info coming from G1-3 now. I wonder if Motorola isn't experimenting with a trickle down stream that they will use on W5 for us after 12/31. Anybody else notice very little guide data when we update on G1-3?
I was over there a few days ago, forget which day it was, and the receiver picked up the guide but I walked outside after it was fully loaded and left the receiver sit there on G1/3 and when I returned, the guide info had deleted itself like it was reset or something. Tried again and it did not seem to be working so I moved off the sat. I didn't need their guide anyway, I setup my own online and it has suited me for over 3 yrs now.

I have already decided to keep my receivers off of G1 & G0 till after Jan. I would like to continue using them as FTA dish movers without any side effects from Motorola and any games they may decide to play right now.

I still have subs till the end of Sept so I need to take a few hits. I haven't seen any ill effects bt getting hit or loading the abbreviated guide. Once the subs go then I will steer clear. Motorola definitely has changed the amount of data that we can get with the guide. I would like to know what kind of sneaky thing Motorola is pulling. BTW even with re hitting myself and loading the guide AI is still in my receiver :)

I still have subs till the end of Sept so I need to take a few hits.

Take the hits off of W5.
That is active now for your monthly code updating on the 920 & 922 receivers. At least it was true for last month.
I will pull my dishes over there tonight to see if it's still ongoing. The new monthly code should go out tonight.

I was over on BBC America on W5 today and the 922 took the monthly code update. Now at 3231. This happened around 1-2 pm today.
So if people don't need the guide they can get the monthly code updated from W5.

I loaded the guide about an hour ago. It is showing 6 over 0 for today, 0 for the information. When I got my 022 in 06 it would give me 7 over 7 for 2 days. According to NPS when I called them they told me no one at Motorola is running the guide anymore. I think what is happening is they are tinkering with a trickle down method on G1 testing to see how it works. That would make sense to why it loads so little.

I have my new monthly keys and have less than a month left to my subs, so in theory I don't need any hits anymore. AI is still in my satellite list and is working on DMX. I think the days of my 922 being a subscription box is just about over. :( I don't know what next year will bring and unless I can be assured I won't loose my generic maps I won't sub to W5 next year. I have that stinking contract with direct anyway for quite a while.

According to NPS when I called them they told me no one at Motorola is running the guide anymore.
You believe everything NPS tells you?:rant:

menupop.gif

You believe everything NPS tells you?:rant:

menupop.gif

NPS is useless and just about out of business. Now if Charlie keeps screwing up like he is with the ABC/Disney thing by refusing to pay them or settle the dispute he can close his doors too. That would be poetic justice. I hope Disney keeps sticking it to him good. After what he pulled with NPS and the 4D's demise he deserves the same to happen to Dish Network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)