No IPG not tuned in ? 4DTV 920

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

artsim44

Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I'm new to the forum, ( newbie ) I guess.
I live in a very rural area, so I have to do my own Sat work. I moved my 10' dish and equipment to South Georgia 8 yrs. ago. It's been fine, until last year , when all digital trans. started breaking up. I purchased a new Norsat LNB, installed it and it has been fine.
About a month ago, my IPG stopped working and I am not getting the green DC lite on G1 4, G1 100 and, All of the analog trans., on all Sats, are not sharp ! G1 4, is the worst one.
On G1 150 and up green DC lite is ON ?
I am getting good digital picture on T4,GB,G3,W5,C3,and G1,150 to 177.

G1 All Trans., when I lift the Dish up or push down, Sig. & Qual. GO down.
G3 Lift Dish up,Qual & Sig GO DOWN, Push Dish down . NO CHANGE.
T4 Lift up,Sig & qual. GO DOWN, Push Dish down, NO CHANGE ?

When I originally set up the Dish, after everything was GOOD, and after I tightened bolts on main vert pole, I drilled a hole,and installed a pin, so it would not move. Tried to eliminate one adjustment.

I would appreciate any Good advice.

Artsim44

The low G1 channels are tough to get and have to be right on. Make sure your LNB is still good, maybe a cable going bad? You are just going to have to go through everything one at a time to figure it out. The dish may have settled or been bumped just enough to make the weaker sats hard to get.

Disconnect, clean and reconnect all F connectors, but not overtighten!

If you can view the feedhorn from the back of the dish, check the polarotor for a full 90deg swing when switching from an H to V transponder.

Use Option---->5 to tweak the polarity and monitor the signal. Look for it to swing from min signal to max. If you cant get it to fluctuate, the polarotor isnt responding.

Try to bump the positition a few counts either way and monitor the sig strength for any increase.

Note - Although the video signal will respond virtually instantly, the signal strength reading is VERY slow to respond. Make small, slow adjustments and allow time to let it 'peak' when tweaking for max signal.

IPG = G1 ch03 and ch167, not ch04 and ch100. I always use ch167. The IPG is very fussy about signal strength. You may get a green DC light but only have SS of 45 and it won't load. For that reason I occasionally tweak the dish to get the best signal possible on G1.

IPG = G1 ch03 and ch167, not ch04 and ch100. I always use ch167. The IPG is very fussy about signal strength. You may get a green DC light but only have SS of 45 and it won't load. For that reason I occasionally tweak the dish to get the best signal possible on G1.
Yeah, and when the ARTS beacon pulls the plug on analog, it's going to be a pain to tweak the positition when necessary without a viewable signal. None of my sub is on G1. Everywhere BUT G1.
It would make sense to put the guide on a bird with tier one programming, that would be where the bulk of the DRS would be most of the time anyway, but wait, we are talking Motorola so 'makes sense' is irrelevant.
Yeah, jeepguy I caught that TP4 error as well, but figured it was a typo, since there is no DCII light on TP4, but he did do it twice.............
EDIT - OH! you know what! I think I just realized what the problem is.
artsim44,
Based on a re-read of your post, that I thought were typos,
First, go to G1 ch4 and check your freq fine tune value. It should be all zeros. On the 922 hit the left blue arrow for that graphic. I dont know about the 920.
Next, go to dish settings, on the 922 it's Option--->6--->4--->2 line 4, Feedhorn Polarization - Standard or Rotated. Pick the one that is not currently selected.
Here's what I think might be the issue. If that setting is backwards, the H/V map for that bird will be inverted. If you pull the channel off freq far enough, you can almost tune the adjacent channel, but it wont be pretty. Also, the channel number your on wont corospond to the actual channel you are (almost) tuning in. You may get a DCII light (but on the wrong channel no.) and it likely will be too poor quality for the guide to dl. Take a look at all of those settings and post back what you have. Anyone else see where I am going with this?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts