iPhone 4.0 Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just installed it. Already created folders, turning 4 pages of apps into one page of folders and apps.

Also love the fact that my background remains on all pages, not just the startup page

How do you utilzed backgrounding?

I cannot figure out how to continue to listening to XM on my phone and switch to another app at the same time

unlike jailbroken backgrounding, for it to work the official way the particular app must support it. What you're using probably doesn't yet.

For you ooTume app users. I sent an email about an upate for the 4.0 OS. They said it was submitted last week and waiting on approval from Apple. I imagine Apple is swamped right now with people updating their apps.

It took about 20-30 minutes to complete on mine. I went ahead and updated iTunes 9.2 yesterday.

For you ooTume app users. I sent an email about an upate for the 4.0 OS. They said it was submitted last week and waiting on approval from Apple. I imagine Apple is swamped right now with people updating their apps.
It works. Or are you talking about backgrounding feature?

OK. I attempted to restore 4.0 onto a 3GS MC yesterday. No matter what, it would get to this one point (see attached screenshot) and just hang there. Attempted several times from "recovery" and "DFU" modes.

I ended up going back to 3.1.3 and restoring the backup to get it working again (Though this particular phone was not jailbroken, I had done the cydia save thing weeks ago, or I would have been out of luck).

If I had left it alone for (how long, hours?) I wonder if it would eventually finish? Maybe I have a defective device.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 77
OK. I attempted to restore 4.0 onto a 3GS MC yesterday. No matter what, it would get to this one point (see attached screenshot) and just hang there. Attempted several times from "recovery" and "DFU" modes.

I ended up going back to 3.1.3 and restoring the backup to get it working again (Though this particular phone was not jailbroken, I had done the cydia save thing weeks ago, or I would have been out of luck).

If I had left it alone for (how long, hours?) I wonder if it would eventually finish? Maybe I have a defective device.

Try it today folks from yesterday did report that it took them up to one hour to update the traffic is less. Also go into your libaray on os x and remove the update. This wil force a re-down load. It could be that you got a bad file.

Took mine 6 hours to complete the update process this morning. I just let ut sit there watching it sync, then backup, update, then restore. Maybe using the front USB connector had something to do with it.

gdarwin, was part of yours the picture I referenced, did it seem to stick at that point and eventually continued?

Try it today folks from yesterday did report that it took them up to one hour to update the traffic is less. Also go into your libaray on os x and remove the update. This wil force a re-down load. It could be that you got a bad file.

I think he already had the download. Looks like it was hanging up on the install. Where exactly is the update located when you download it?????

Took me about 20 minutes to do everything yesterday morning. Then when I tried doing my wife's phone last night on her computer, it said 6 hours for estimated time. I then just connected her phone to my computer and installed iOS4 since I already downloaded it for me. It only took about 10 minutes. I don't know why I did not think of that to begin with?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts