iPhone 4 contacts sync with Yahoo bug

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Here's another contacts sync issue I had over the week end. I picked up an iPhone 4 for the wife Friday. I had her input her contacs from her old phone into her Yahoo.com mail account contacts. I then set her phone up in iTunes to sync her contacts with Yahoo mail. No problem. It worked great. Here's the issue. It worked so good, it also pulled my contacts from my seperate Yahoo account as well. Had to delete all of mine from her phone, as well as her Yahoo account. I then did a sync with my phone, and it did the same thing. It pulled in her contacts. WTF. Any thoughts or ideas?

I have a iTouch but use Gmail and Exchange. My set up was done on the device and not iTunes. My guess is unless you have seperate user signins it will pull everyone's information set up in iTunes. I just looked and Gmail via IMAP does allow for me to pull contacts.

My wife and I use the same iTunes account and do not have any problems with syncing contacts with Google. We just need to make sure what one is selected to sync to the devices when they are plugged in. Select it once and you are done.

My wife and I use the same iTunes account and do not have any problems with syncing contacts with Google. We just need to make sure what one is selected to sync to the devices when they are plugged in. Select it once and you are done.

Sounds like the same method. I found on the Apple forums that other folks are having the same issue. It seems to be only when both use Yahoo.

Cellular Data, How Much Do You Use?

New HTC Evo Shift 4G

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)