iphone 5 to be released in September?

ckhalil18 said:
Looks like some new rumors that the next iphone will be released on September 21 (just in time for my birthday:D) with Apple to make an official announcement on September 12th. The leaked pics look pretty cool too.
iPhone 5 Rumors Continue: New Photos, September Release - ABC News

I am so so so so excited. My contract on my Evo with Sprint ended in May, and I have resisted every temptation in anticipation of the iPhone 5. I never owned an iPhone nor ever had any experience with Apple until I got an iPad 2 a year ago. Now I am an Apple addict!!!

Hey Sprint, let me order It now :)

What will the phone be lacking this time around?

The yearly milking continues..at least there are less people with the goggles still on.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I had seen those pics before, and the explanation they gave with it is laughable. They got the parts and assembled it? lol

Anyway, I will surely be interested in the device. A rumored larger screen with the simplicity and smoothness of iOS? Sounds like another winner.

I had seen those pics before, and the explanation they gave with it is laughable. They got the parts and assembled it? lol

Anyway, I will surely be interested in the device. A rumored larger screen with the simplicity and smoothness of iOS? Sounds like another winner.

:facepalm

I'd prefer thinner to taller but I skipped the 4S so I'm due. :D

I do hope they don't continue making the phone bigger. I have an iPad for that.

It's a given they need a bigger screen. I hear that complaint from the last few holdouts I know.

I have a 4.7 inch screen, I couldn't imagine a what...3.5 it has... 5.0 would be perfect size. Would fit fine in your pants pockets and unless you wear those uh...not normal pants.

Last edited:
digiblur said:
It's a given they need a bigger screen. I hear that complaint from the last few holdouts I know.

I have a 4.7 inch screen, I couldn't imagine a what...3.5 it has... 5.0 would be perfect size. Would fit fine in your pants pockets and unless you wear those uh...normal pants.

I'm not sure about going out to 5 inches, but a bigger screen is definitely necessary (if only to accommodate a bigger battery to maintain battery life despite LTE demands). I don't think I'd want bigger than 4.5 myself.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Don't think it will be 5. I don't think it will be the norm of 4.5 either. Maybe 4 as that was the norm about 2 years ago. If they stick to previous trends the iPhone is usually about 2 years behind the curve.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I think it will just be called "The new iPhone."

We were discussing screen size, not name.

"New iPhone" would be an annoying name. iPhone 5 would be a misnomer since its actually the 6th iteration of the phone (iPhone, 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S being the first 5 models).

I can see some less technically adept users thinking that an "iphone 6" would have 6g technology making it 2gs better than all those Android phones stuck on 4g ;-)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

We were discussing screen size, not name.

"New iPhone" would be an annoying name. iPhone 5 would be a misnomer since its actually the 6th iteration of the phone (iPhone, 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S being the first 5 models).

True but I think 5 would still be the best name to use. Most natural progression even if it is not technically accurate. Not like it has been numerically accurate through the process anyway.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

It wont be the iPhone 5 - I think the new iPad made that clear. :)

And almost all the evidence suggests a 4" phone, which will be nice, but seriously, the current iPhone size is fine. I just wish they wouldn't change the size of the dock connector.

As "magical" as these devices are, naming must be where it runs out. Of course they do just work so I guess it does not matter.

The screen will be bigger. For most iPhone users going to a 4 incher will be big, and fine. I personally was fine with the size of the iPhone screen when I had it. Using my wife's after having had a larger one, well, size may just matter....... :) Honestly it felt toy sized. Worked fine just felt tiny.

As "magical" as these devices are, naming must be where it runs out. Of course they do just work so I guess it does not matter.

The screen will be bigger. For most iPhone users going to a 4 incher will be big, and fine. I personally was fine with the size of the iPhone screen when I had it. Using my wife's after having had a larger one, well, size may just matter....... :) Honestly it felt toy sized. Worked fine just felt tiny.

Had a DX for a year plus before the iPhone, did not miss the size. Won't turn down a new iPhone but it he sze could remain the same and I'd be just as happy.

I will have to think a bit If I do upgrade as with Verizon I will lose my unlimited plan when and if I do upgrade from what I was reading unless I pay retail price I think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)