IPhone 6, 6 Plus?

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Thinking about switching from Verizon to Sprint. We had Sprint before several years ago and switched to Verizon when we moved to the country. We've been back in the Dallas area for a year now.

Verizon is good but it's expensive. I like the iOS platform and the main reason I went to Android 2 years ago was because the iPhone was too small. Now that the 6 and 6 plus are out I'm seriously considering swapping to the 6 plus.

What do you guys think of it that have it?

Its a good phone if you like IOS, I love mine, android is a little easier to use one handed with the larger screens, I would know coming from a Samsung Note 3. Its mainly because all the navigation keys like the back, menu key etc is at the bottom vs the most IOS apps on the top. Apple included a 1 hand mode that helps but still not as good, but if your like me and prefer IOS you learn to live with it.

I teach tennis with my 6+ in my pocket: at all times:)
Seriously. I wear looser pockets than most at my job. I am looking forward to the Apple Watch as I'll be able to leave phone in my office or even in my car as long as those two are connected.

Looks like we are sticking with Verizon but still looking at the iPhone.

The 6 fits in my front jeans pockets. The 6 plus would not. Now my slacks or shorts pockets could probably hold the plus. Maybe I just need looser jeans.

You might need looser jeans. :biggrin

I can actually fit my nexus 6 in my front jean pockets no problems.

I teach tennis with my 6+ in my pocket: at all times:)
Seriously. I wear looser pockets than most at my job. I am looking forward to the Apple Watch as I'll be able to leave phone in my office or even in my car as long as those two are connected.
as long as your office and/or car is not more then 50 feet away, you should be alright

I just upgraded from the 5 to the 6. I originally planned to wait for the 6S since I was still happy with my 5. It ran every app I use as well as the day I bought it and didn't think I would see much benefit to upgrading outside of the larger screen. I do look forward to using TouchID instead of typing my 4 digit pin to unlock the phone. I also want to try out Verizon's Voice Over LTE.

Plus I had hopped they would bump up to a minimum of 32GB by the time the 6S rolled around. I've gotten 32GB on the 4S and then again on the 5 even though charging an extra $100 for a measly 16GB of extra space is robbery. Even with 32GB I'm only able to fit about 25% of my iTunes library on my phone but with 16GB, after photos and apps I wouldn't even bother putting any music on it. The amount I would be able to fit would be so miniscule that it's not even worth it.

Circumstances changed so I made the upgrade earlier than I planned. I have a family member I have been passing my old iPhones down to when I upgrade. She was using my old 4S but really only using it for talking, texting, and taking pictures. She uses the fitbit and mail apps daily and that's about it. Everything on her phone fits on the first screen. She does have her iPad Mini packed full of apps and uses them regularly but for whatever reason she doesn't use them on her phone.

Anyways, the old 4S battery is pretty much gone. It never makes it through the day. She wasn't willing to pay the $200 for a new iPhone for her limited use so she was going to go back to an old flip phone. I knew she would miss it so I decided to upgrade now. That way she can switch over to my iPhone 5 and it's not like I needed a ton of convincing to get a new toy.

I originally planned on a 6+, mainly for the better battery life. My friend has one and after playing with a bit I decided it was bigger than I would like for carrying around as my every day phone. I still have my iPad 4 for when I want a bigger screen experience and I use it on a daily basis.

. I also want to try out Verizon's Voice Over LTE.
Not sure what you expectations are there, but the only benefit I have seen on VoLTE is that you get to keep you LTE connection while conversing on your phone. Voice quality seems the same as it was before. YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what you expectations are there, but the only benefit I have seen on VoLTE is that you get to keep you LTE connection while conversing on your phone. Voice quality seems the same as it was before. YMMV

Well to me that is a big improvement. I pair my phone to my car's bluetooth and frequently use it for driving directions. It would be nice to be able to take a call without losing the ability for maps to reroute.

I also want to test out the improved call quality. It's possible that you wouldn't see much call quality improvement if both ends of the call weren't using the higher bitrate VoLTE. Since it's not even turned on for Verizon phones that support it by default, there are probably very few people you would call who are using it.

One negative I have read about for Verizon customers is that some users start seeing dropped calls where they weren't before. If you don't have 2 or more bars of LTE it sounds like calls drop easily. The LTE footprint isn't the exact same as the old 1X footprint so you may see drops in areas that are normally solid. If there is any LTE signal at all the phone tries to use it for the call even if it's 1 bar and 1X has full bars. I'll try it for a day or two and if it's a problem for me I'll switch back.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Its a bigger upgrade for verizon customers due to talk and data simultaneously wasn't a capability since they never used GSM equipment(AT&T has had the capability since early 2006).
Verizon will have 1 issue with it though, if your on a VoLTE call and move to an area of only regular CDMA coverage(3G), the call will drop due to LTE and CDMA incompatibility(no handoffs). ATT, Tmobile and other gsm operators won't have this issue, calls will handoff from LTE, to HSUPA, to Edge etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)