iPhone 6S

My son-in-law has terrible AT&T signal at his new house, and AT&T wouldn't do anything about it, so he drove to Verizon and from their parking lot, called AT&T one last time telling them he was ready to switch in 5 minutes if they didn't GIVE him a booster that all his neighbors say they had to get. AT&T agreed and installed the phone booster for free. He now has good signal on his iphones. For what it's worth our Verizon iphones has the same issue at his place. For calls, we now have to use skype via his wifi. I'm not buying a Verizon booster for his place.

Is the booster called a MicroCell? Had one previously and it did work well.

Don't know. He just said it was a booster and works inside the house. They have Comcast Cable modem for internet.

I'm familiar with the MicroCell, wasn't sure if you were referring to some other technology. The MicroCell routes your cell traffic through your internet connection.

I have the M-Cell with AT&T and it works great. They call it 3G but it shows up as 4G on my cell phone. Wifi calling and texting is not supported yet on AT&T. I wish they would support it. The M-Cell has a better range than the wifi signal though. What frequency does the M-Cell use?

I have the M-Cell with AT&T and it works great. They call it 3G but it shows up as 4G on my cell phone. Wifi calling and texting is not supported yet on AT&T. I wish they would support it. The M-Cell has a better range than the wifi signal though. What frequency does the M-Cell use?
The M-cell functions at 800-850 MHz and 1900-1950 for LTE only. But honestly it depends on your area.AT&T has bought out companies that operate at 850-900 MHz as well

The M-cell works as a scanner between 800-900 MHz and in the 1900Mhz range. It is up to your phone to decide which frequency to use

One last comment AT&T does not work in my area due to lack of towers. M cells do not help since the towers are more that 10 miles away. AT&T will not add towers

Well the rep I talked to online claims I can go in store and get a rebate on it, making it free. If they don't I'll just kindly ask if they can so I can get service in my house.

AT&T gave me free M-Cell and will give others in my area free M-Cells as well valued at $150 if they look at the coverage map in your area and see that service is not good there. I used to think that I had to reboot the M-Cell if I didnt have service but a reboot of the phone gets my service back if I dont have service. I have not had much trouble since I had my DSL modem swapped out. They actually gave me two of the boosters for free.

AT&T gave me free M-Cell and will give others in my area free M-Cells as well valued at $150 if they look at the coverage map in your area and see that service is not good there. I used to think that I had to reboot the M-Cell if I didnt have service but a reboot of the phone gets my service back if I dont have service. I have not had much trouble since I had my DSL modem swapped out. They actually gave me two of the boosters for free.

I put my iPhone in airplane mode then turn that mode off if my M-Cell is not showing service. Works good.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)