iPhone 6S

I'll have this phone until the 7s comes out or perhaps when the 7 is released. My wife's happy with her 6s and she's coming from a 5s. She said last year that the iPhone 6 felt odd in her hand but when she held it again and the 6s she liked the 4.7" size .

As you've mentioned though Scott, going from a 5 or 5s to a 6s is worth it but if you have a 6 then it may be better just to wait until the 7 comes out. A few people I know are on a 4 and my sister in law is still on a 4s. She doesn't upgrade until her phone completely stops working.

Well since I wanted to redo my phone anyways (and get rid of a bunch of programs I do not use on it) I decided to jailbreak it. And yes 3D Touch and Live Photos works fine on it. For 3D Touch the vibration is not as hard as it is on the 6S but it is still there.

Software wise, I have always found that the iPhone 6 is slower and laggy compared to the iPhone 5s which runs more fluid on iOS 8.3. Does your 6S lag? Is it buggy? App crashing? Freezing? I found these issues with the 6 they were not a big deal but iOS 9 made the phone unbearable. A new update and a memory wipe factory reset fixed it. How is it on the iPhone 6S?

Software wise, I have always found that the iPhone 6 is slower and laggy compared to the iPhone 5s which runs more fluid on iOS 8.3. Does your 6S lag? Is it buggy? App crashing? Freezing? I found these issues with the 6 they were not a big deal but iOS 9 made the phone unbearable. A new update and a memory wipe factory reset fixed it. How is it on the iPhone 6S?

Lag? No. It is lightning fast. Crashing or freezing? No.

No lag at all. Never had any lag on iPhone 6 either.

As for 6S vs. 6, so far I haven't noticed much difference, other than the lightning-fast fingerprint reader, which I really like, because I use it all the time.
What I like the most is being able to shoot video in 4K, though to be honest, I didn't have a chance to try that yet.
And of course my wife was very happy to upgrade her iPhone 5 to my last year's iPhone 6. ;)

As for 6S vs. 6, so far I haven't noticed much difference, other than the lightning-fast fingerprint reader, which I really like, because I use it all the time.
What I like the most is being able to shoot video in 4K, though to be honest, I didn't have a chance to try that yet.
And of course my wife was very happy to upgrade her iPhone 5 to my last year's iPhone 6. ;)

One can never underestimate the wife upgrade to old device factor. Scott doesn't have that, since Prize Goddess is so cool, she automatically buys both her and Scott the new stuff. :)

My iPhone 6s home button feels like it's getting stuck . It's fine for awhile and after I don't use the home button for a bit that's when I press down on it I notice it gets stuck. Is there a fix I can do at home with it? I really would hate to get a new phone since I have a glass screen protector on this phone.

Can the screen protector be causing that?
I would replace the phone right away.

I decided against going from 6 to 6s this year. The camera in reviews is really not out performing the 6's except in full sunlight... Now I just have to wait for the iphone 7...

We ( family plan) don't come up for a deal on a new phone until July '16 so Mary Ann will be using the 5 until then. It is working fine for her needs. Apparently, we may be better off waiting for a 7 in the Fall but also, getting a 6 for her at the time may be a real discount. Cash to buy is not that critical but I don't like paying more just to have the latest and she is even less that way. It just has to do some basic stuff trouble free and easy. New features like 3D touch scare her unless it can be shown to really add something she will use all the time. On the 6+ I don't even use the finger print reader. Still on the 4 digit code.

We ( family plan) don't come up for a deal on a new phone until July '16 so Mary Ann will be using the 5 until then. It is working fine for her needs. Apparently, we may be better off waiting for a 7 in the Fall but also, getting a 6 for her at the time may be a real discount. Cash to buy is not that critical but I don't like paying more just to have the latest and she is even less that way. It just has to do some basic stuff trouble free and easy. New features like 3D touch scare her unless it can be shown to really add something she will use all the time. On the 6+ I don't even use the finger print reader. Still on the 4 digit code.
Best time to buy the 6 at a discount is after the 7 is announced. If pattern holds the 6 will then become the cheap option.

Reactions: TheForce
Thanks dangue- I pretty much surmised the same thing. Since it is for my wife, not being a power user, all I really want to get her is a memory upgrade because she finally discovered the ease of taking pictures with a phone. :) Stop laughing! It's true and she needs more storage because she doesn't off load older pictures and I keep having to go in and to the maintenance. A 6 with 32Gb will be a great upgrade for her.

Thanks dangue- I pretty much surmised the same thing. Since it is for my wife, not being a power user, all I really want to get her is a memory upgrade because she finally discovered the ease of taking pictures with a phone. :) Stop laughing! It's true and she needs more storage because she doesn't off load older pictures and I keep having to go in and to the maintenance. A 6 with 32Gb will be a great upgrade for her.
Ahhh, then that may not work. The 6 comes in 16, 64 and 128 GB flavors. And when the two year old phone becomes the cheap entry level model, it's not offered at all storage capacities (16GB 5s for $0 with contract, 32GB for $49 with contract, no 64 GB option). They may offer two tiers on the 6, but I wouldn't count on it since the 6s maintains the 16, 64, 128 GB tier structure. My guess would be 16 GB 6 for $0, 64 GB 6s for $100-200.

That's fine, I don't mind paying up a $100 for a 6 with more than 16Gb. Certainly quite a bit less than what I would have to pay today since the 2 yr upgrade isn't until next summer and I'm not paying per month for the other deal.

I just got the 6plus earlier this year I am going to wait for the 7. I figure the s versions are not usually worth upgrading to if you have the version from the year prior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts