iPhone 6S

One last comment AT&T does not work in my area due to lack of towers. M cells do not help since the towers are more that 10 miles away. AT&T will not add towers

Why would the M-Cell not work if the tower was more than 10 miles away?

My iPhone 6s has been shipped! Just got the Tracking number!

AT&T gave me free M-Cell and will give others in my area free M-Cells as well valued at $150 if they look at the coverage map in your area and see that service is not good there. I used to think that I had to reboot the M-Cell if I didnt have service but a reboot of the phone gets my service back if I dont have service. I have not had much trouble since I had my DSL modem swapped out. They actually gave me two of the boosters for free.

AT&T works great outdoors, it's just indoors none of the carriers work that well so I need the M cell. I get maybe one bar and that's it. If they even try to charge me in store $150 for it then I'll just say well your competitor T-Mobile gives it to their customers for free.

Why would the M-Cell not work if the tower was more than 10 miles away?

The signal generated from each site with LTE only has a distance of about 8 miles. In northern Mi, site distances were based on analog signals that went much further

They stated something to me about checking to see if I was in their coverage area. What difference would it make if someone was in a coverage area or not as to why they would give them an M-Cell or not? Thats crazy.

They stated something to me about checking to see if I was in their coverage area. What difference would it make if someone was in a coverage area or not as to why they would give them an M-Cell or not? Thats crazy.

Just a WAG but maybe because of 911 coverage. Just speculating, I really don't know.

My appointment at the Apple Store is at 11am. I stopped by tonight and they told me they have separate lines for people with appointments, so I don't have to be there at 8 am or something/. There are people camped out in front of the Michigan Avenue store right now.

My FedEx tracking page says "Delivered. Left at front door." :)

Just unpacked the iPhone 6s. Looks almost identical to 6, but feels a bit heavier.

A very smooth process purchasing the iPhone 6S at the Michigan Avenue Apple Store in Chicago. There was a line wrapped around the building for those without reservations. But I got there at 10:30 for an 11am reservation and they let me right in. Took 5 minutes in line inside to see a sales person, and had the phone in hand before 11am.

Yes, the 6s feels identical to the 6. Could hardly tell the difference. I did not notice the weight. It was a bit snug going into my morphie, but it fits. The Apple wifi at the store was strained, and it was taking a LONG time ti restore from iCloud, so I ended up ultimately setting up a new phone and installed what I needed. I'll start over again when I am home.

While the first glance was that the 6s felt exactly the same, the reality is the second I started using it, I noticed the differences. This thing is fast. Extremely fast. Touch id is dramatically improved. The passcode is now defaulted at 6 digits. Not only is touch id extremely responsive, I'd say everything is. It might look the same, but wow, this is a jump. Touch 3D will take time to get used to. Sometimes I try to use it and I end up starting the move icons process. But when you go to a touch 3d enabled app, it is basically a right click menu. Camera lets you take photo, take selfie, shoot video, etc... Is it needed? I don't know. Give me a week.

Battery? Don't have a clue, I am in the city and using LTE, and a lot of stuff is still restoring, like iCloud photo library.

I think I will restore from backup, but a part of me things I might just leave it, and install the apps I need, and eliminate the ones I don't need. Or never use. We'll see.

One comment on the Apple Upgrade plan. Yes, it is $36/mo for the 64Gb 6s. But they actually charge you $105 for the first month, and then the $36 thereafter. BUT unlike VZW, in 12 months i just start over.

The service activation was pretty easy and straightforward. But it took the new phone more than an hour (!) to finally register on the AT&T network.
I did get a message, that it may take up to 2 hours. However, the message said that I could continue using the old phone until the new phone is fully registered.
This wasn't the case though. The old phone lost service immediately, while the new phone didn't start getting any signal until an hour later.
Not a big deal. Just wanted to mention it. Perhaps AT&T was overloaded with new activations.

Just finished restoring from the iCloud backup. The process took hours(!) and required me to re-enter a bunch of pins and passwords. Finally succeeded.
Still missing some info, like some names in the Favorite phone number list...

Looks almost identical to 6, but feels a bit heavier.

According to the specs, 6s is indeed 10% heavier. So my initial impression wasn't wrong.
It's a hair thicker too. But you wouldn't notice that!
Not a big deal of course!

Still missing some info, like some names in the Favorite phone number list...
As soon as I reentered one or two contacts, the rest of them re-appeared. Weird!

According to the specs, 6s is indeed 10% heavier. So my initial impression wasn't wrong.
It's a hair thicker too. But you wouldn't notice that!
Not a big deal of course!

I pretty much put mine in my morphie right away, so 10% device weight difference, which of course, is in fractions of ounces I think, doesn't mean much. What I did realize is that that extra girth and my morphie aren't happy. It will fit in it. EXTREMELY snuggly. It is a challenge to get it to come out. I have it in my old apple silicon iPhone 6 case now, and it works fine. That said, I have grown accustomed to the benefits of the battery enhancements with the morphie, and need to decide how I want to proceed. There is no iPhone 6s morphie yet. And really, I don't want to spend another $100. I can use the morphie, acknowledging that it will be a snug fit. Doesn't damage anything. But it means I can't easily remove it at the office to use my radio dock. Oh, the first world problems I have. :)

I had a hell of a time getting iMessage to do text message forwardding to my mac. Took about 15 minutes and numerous tries. I think the activation issues were more server related than anything. Otherwise, my device is setup pretty much as it was before, but with less apps for now. AND most photos in iCloud rather than on the device.

Have not played with 4k video. But have experimented with live photos (gimmick, yet cool), and still mastering 3D touch. Remain impressed by the device's speed and the touch id responsiveness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)