iPhone app for finding incline angles???

Sat Monkey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Wausau, WI
Has anyone used this or any other app for finding an angle for install?

My boss is hot to have me using this app, but wants to know more about it.

Plus he will pay for my upgrade to an iPhone on At&T.

Any input would be helpful.

Thank you.

Mike

Here is a video link if you want to see it in action.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AFtcgYRcu4"]YouTube - DishPointer Augmented Reality (iPhone Satellite Finder)[/ame]

Yes it works! (Drool)

Last edited:
Just downloaded it and selected the Direct birds only, since I have Direct. The thing works great.

I cannot believe how close all the Direct birds are to each other and how high in the air they are.

Every D* bird I need in the attached screen shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0349[1].PNG
    IMG_0349[1].PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
That video looks promising.

Having a compass that cant be drawn off by a metal object and also shows you the birds and their elevations has got to be worth the price of the app and the phone.

More input Stephine.

Mike

I have it and its awesome, and i cant speak for the android but on my iphone i have the capability of taking a screen shot and saving it for those time for no line of sight and have to explain to the customer why. Makes things fast and easy. Just used it on an install today!

That screen shot deal would be so cool for those customers that just wont belive they dont have LOS because they had dish 10 years ago and had a shot at the 119 back in the day.

All good info.

Mike

Used it to set up my new HD Dish up here in Mammoth. Now watching HD, thanks to this app, 320 miles from my home. Getting all my locals in HD as well

Out of all the people that have posted on this topic, What app are you using as there are a few different ver. that do the same thing.

Which do you use?

Mike

Sat Monkey said:
Out of all the people that have posted on this topic, What app are you using as there are a few different ver. that do the same thing.

Which do you use?

Mike

I used Dishpointer AR. The non pro version for $10.

After doing installs for over 8 years i can't believe i have never thought of this idea..

After having it for a few weeks i love it.. Doing alot of 1000.2 installs there are times when 129 can be real close to objects.. This app really helps alot!!

Well it looks like I wont be doing the app untill dec. when my upgrade price drops from 400 bucks to 200. My boss is paying for it so I guess I have to wait.

Mike

I have it (on my droid),I love it.It works well and has saved me more time then it has wasted.
my over priced inclinometer now sits in my tool box not my tool belt
that said, somtimes you look like a fool walking around holding your phone up in the air.
I had one cust ask me if i was having trouble getting cell signal.
others may think your taking pictures but very few outside the sat biz know of this app and are amazed by it when shown it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts