iPhone Info

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=30064

Apple possibly in talks with Intel to move CPU production away from Samsung.

Reportedly no definitive agreement has been reached, but Apple is keen on moving away from Samsung dependence

The Chicago Tribune reports that Intel Corp. (INTC) has been in talks with Apple, Inc. (AAPL) to establish a foundry relationship. The possible hookup could also see Intel co-design the company's next generation iPhone and iPad processors, based on a future Atom mobile processor.

I'll wait to see what the iPhone 6 has to offer. No thanks on the iPhone 5s. I don't like the size of the 5.

I'll wait to see what the iPhone 6 has to offer. No thanks on the iPhone 5s. I don't like the size of the 5.

iPhone 5 looks strange being longer but not wider. I don't see the real advantage of the iPhone 5 over the 4S. I know my current Bose sound docks will not work with a 5 unless I use a headphone patch cord into the aux in of the Bose units.

It would take a lot more than NFC and wireless charging to get me to consider upgrading from my iPhone 5. And my experience with fingerprint scanning on laptops has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

It would take a lot more than NFC and wireless charging to get me to consider upgrading from my iPhone 5. And my experience with fingerprint scanning on laptops has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
Long version: *
A long time work buddy invited me to lunch at his new job.
I knew they were working on some security for 'Vegas gambling machines and were considering fingerprint scanners.
To be helpful, I showed up with an article on how to defeat the scanner by making your own "finger".
They didn't get the contract, and were out of business in a year.

Short version:
Fingerprint scanners are not secure!

* this was about 10 years ago .

Long version: *
A long time work buddy invited me to lunch at his new job.
I knew they were working on some security for 'Vegas gambling machines and were considering fingerprint scanners.
To be helpful, I showed up with an article on how to defeat the scanner by making your own "finger".
They didn't get the contract, and were out of business in a year.

Short version:
Fingerprint scanners are not secure!

* this was about 10 years ago .

Mythbusters did that a few years back too. Basically beat a top of the line biometric lock with a wet photocopy of a fingerprint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts