Iphone/jailbreak apps?

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
Are there any apps that are like moto phone tools available after you jailbreak? I have both a razr and iphone and miss being able to create my own ringtones from my extensive music collection. I tried to make a ringtone from a Itune download but it said I could no longer use it, I just got it so that makes no sense.

There might be a more simple way, but here's what I did.

- jailbreak
- install OpenSSH from Cydia
- prepare some *.m4a files on my local computer, copy them to a folder and rename them to *.m4r
- connect to the phone with WinSCP from my local computer
- navigate to /private/var/stash/Ringtones.TiW2oR (what comes after the dot might vary)
- copy the *.m4r files to this folder
- enjoy!

Wow... I find out more and more why I hate apple for the things they did to the iphone. I figured it was like other smartphones that you can just chop pieces of a mp3 right on the phone and use that as a ringtone. Guess you cant bluetooth music to other people either eh?

And I thought Verizon was bad for what they do to their phones.

Well if they let you do it free, they couldn't charge you $2 (.99 for the song, .99 to convert), now could they?

Still, not enough to convince me to jailbreak. I bought one ring tone, and that's all I need. I don't need a separate tone for everyone; if I want to know who it is, I can look at the screen.

You can do this without jailbreaking your iPhone. Just do what Pepper said about renaming the file and then use iTunes to sync it to your iPhone.

thanks Pepper, I have a mac but I do run xp in boot camp so I'll give it a try. Other than not being able to create ringtones everything else about Iphone is pretty good and easy to do.

thanks Pepper, I have a mac but I do run xp in boot camp so I'll give it a try. Other than not being able to create ringtones everything else about Iphone is pretty good and easy to do.

If you have a Mac just use garage band to create your own. This is what I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)