iphone o.s. 3.0, mms included?

I bet AT&T will lock it down. :(

I don't know about that... none of the last 4 smartphones I've had from AT&T have had it locked down. My current one (Touch Pro) throws up a prompt asking you if you want to tether each time you plug in a USB cable.

Actually, when you plug in a USB cable, it gives you a choice of a)Activesync b) Disk drive mode, which shows your microSDHC card as a drive in windows and c) Internet Sharing, which is the tethering mode.

I went from totally excited to bummed out because I have the 1st generation iPhone 4GB. MMS and stereo bluetooth were on the top of my list and now all I have to get excited about is copy and paste. Woohoo!!! (sarcasm...) Don't think I'm going to upgrade to a 3G version and pay $10 more a month just for a couple new features.

I went from totally excited to bummed out because I have the 1st generation iPhone 4GB. MMS and stereo bluetooth were on the top of my list and now all I have to get excited about is copy and paste. Woohoo!!! (sarcasm...) Don't think I'm going to upgrade to a 3G version and pay $10 more a month just for a couple new features.

This is exactly why I'm not an early adopter of technology. Even with the 3G iPhone, something better is going to come along within the next year. With 3.0 it will be current technology until the next hardware comes out.

That's any technology.

You walk in the store and buy a PC. It's already obsolete when you purchase it.

That's any technology.

You walk in the store and buy a PC. It's already obsolete when you purchase it.

So true rumor from the folks who got 3.0 is that a new IPHONE will be out in July with a dual core processor more memory and the ability to do video.

They have found this through looking at the firmware language---also some folks are reporting seeing support for Virizon network---will Virzion have an exclusive to the new Iphone?? who knows.

They have found this through looking at the firmware language---also some folks are reporting seeing support for Virizon network---will Virzion have an exclusive to the new Iphone?? who knows.

Unless Apple breaks their contract with AT&T, Verizon has no way of getting a iPhone this summer.

And my 3G does video podcasts quite well, thank you.

Dual core and more memory. Gee- 3 lb phone or 15 minutes between charges?

How do they work out, battery life wise? And does it really speed up performance or allow for multi-tasking?

How do they work out, battery life wise? And does it really speed up performance or allow for multi-tasking?

Don't forget that these are not your traditional dual core CPU's that you would use in PC's. It is most likely more in line with the Intel Atom. They are specially designed with low power usage and high performance in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)