iPhone Questions

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Okay, so I'm getting used to the new iPhone after being with Android for the past two years.

I know the iPhone does multitasking, and I know how to kill open apps, but is there an app that will let me kill multiples at once, i.e. Advanced Task Killer for Android?

Also, is there a data monitoring app that I can have run in the notification center so that I don't have to keep opening the app to see how much cell data I've used?

Okay, so I'm getting used to the new iPhone after being with Android for the past two years.

I know the iPhone does multitasking, and I know how to kill open apps, but is there an app that will let me kill multiples at once, i.e. Advanced Task Killer for Android?

Also, is there a data monitoring app that I can have run in the notification center so that I don't have to keep opening the app to see how much cell data I've used?

Double click the home button, it will bring up a list of running apps. Press and hold an app, an X will show up. Click on the X on the apps you want to kill, and poof. Cleared from memory. Now remember, this is different from holding and pressing an app in the main screens, hit X there, and you are deleting the app from your phone.

I clear apps from memory, but its often not necessary. BUT if an app starts acting up, and closing on when you start it, it is often the solution to getting it back. Clear it from memory and then let it re-load. OR if I have 20 apps in memory, I'll clean out. But ultimately, its much more simple than in Android, and you dont need to run a special app to do it.

Here is another neat trick for you: Pres Home and Sleep at the same time, and iOS will take a screen shot and store it in your camera roll. :)

Double click the home button, it will bring up a list of running apps. Press and hold an app, an X will show up. Click on the X on the apps you want to kill, and poof. Cleared from memory. Now remember, this is different from holding and pressing an app in the main screens, hit X there, and you are deleting the app from your phone.

Here is another neat trick for you: Pres Home and Sleep at the same time, and iOS will take a screen shot and store it in your camera roll. :)

That's how I had been ending running apps. I want to know if there's an app or a way to end multiple tasks at once?

On your other question, I think - but am not certain - that there is a data usage app from VZW. But I have an unlimited plan so I don't even bother with that stuff.

What is the difference between iMessage and regular text messaging? Will I be charged differently for iMessage??

What is the difference between iMessage and regular text messaging? Will I be charged differently for iMessage??

T\hink of iMessaging as "sort of like bbm". It goes through apples servers if I am not mistaken and does not count as a text.

Is there a way to turn it off? We have unlimited text on our plan.

No extra charge. Works the same as the original message app. The cool thing about it is knows if your sending a SMS or MMS to another ios5 device. The clouds will be light blue for ios5, and the normal green for non ios5 devices. I like it because I can now message with my iPad, as long as it's picking up wifi. As stated before, ios5 to ios5 does not count against your texting plan. It goes through apple via your iTunes account i think. I am like you though. I have unlimited for now. As more of my peeps get iPhones/ios5, I may be able to downgrade my plan an save a few bucks.

Is there a way to turn it off? We have unlimited text on our plan.

No, but why would you want to? It is seemless in its operation, and doesnt cost you any extra, plus it works the same on the user end as a normal text.

From my understanding what you are looking for you can only have and find if you jailbreak your iphone

... is there an app that will let me kill multiples at once, i.e. Advanced Task Killer for Android?
There are some options for this if jailbroken. But, iOS is smart enough to kill off inactive tasks anyway. Most of what you'll see in the task list is not actually running anyway. Think of it more as a "what have I run recently" list.

No extra charge. ... As more of my peeps get iPhones/ios5, I may be able to downgrade my plan an save a few bucks.
Which is exactly the reason that AT&T have killed the 200 and 1000 message per month plans, all you can get now is unlimited unless already grandfathered.

Took me by surprise, too. Cheaper for my wife and I to pay the per message rates, we do so few. Going to have to pursue this on our business plan.

josue2415 said:
From my understanding what you are looking for you can only have and find if you jailbreak your iphone

No. Double click the home button. Press and hold an app in the tray, and then click x on as many apps as you want. Easy,

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)