iPhone weather app?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
My wife got a iPhone 3G a few weeks ago and I have just gotten around to playing with it. About ready to jailbreak it. She is wanting to be able to see current temperature on here home screen. Is there an app that can do it??

I installed HTC weather and weathericon apps from cydia. I now have a changing weather icon and the temp on my home screen and status bar which can also be seen from the lock screen.

In my line of work, I do quite a bit both indoors and outdoors. As such, it is crucial for me to know the weather forecast at the drop of a hat. The weather app built into the iPhone is a simple, no fluff, no garbage, weather app. It does its job well, but any weather app can give you the highs and lows for the day. Oftentimes I find myself needing to know the humidity, wind speeds, or sunrise/sunset times and other nonsensical information.

I downloaded that as well, and had nothing but trouble from it. It never would keep my home weather info on the lock screen.

The one I'm only shows the temp in the status bar when the phone is locked. When the phone is unlocked the stock weather icon is replaced with a changing one.

I did see one that changes the entire lock screen, but I haven't tried it yet because you had to use ssh to change the weather location and I haven't spent the time to learn all of that.

The one I'm only shows the temp in the status bar when the phone is locked. When the phone is unlocked the stock weather icon is replaced with a changing one.

I did see one that changes the entire lock screen, but I haven't tried it yet because you had to use ssh to change the weather location and I haven't spent the time to learn all of that.

You don't have to SSH. In the more info tab of the weaqther app, it tells you to download another app called "WbApp" if you don't want to SSH.. It's pretty cool. It allows you to customize your phone in many more ways than through Winterboard. You can set up your location info in there for the weather app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)