IR Remote Control Problems

shhnana

Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
HELP -- Has anyone experienced this bizzare problem? Each night at approximately 7pm the infrared remote control quits working and it stays that way until about 9:30am the next day. Dish has sent two remotes thinking that was the problem. Last week finally a technician was sent and he swapped out the DVR722 and also left a new remote. Of course when he came it was during the day and everything worked okay. That evening the problem still was still there. The DVR receiver is only about 7 feet from the remote and there is nothing blocking the signal. We are at our wits end trying to resolve this. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have same set up as you, have had times when remote stopped working. My fix was to use my Logitech remote, which worked, once I sent a command with the Logitech the Dish remote resumed working.
Another trick I tried was to convert my TV2 remote to IR, this is what I'm using now and it has not failed.
Dan
By the way, Welcome to Satellite Guys

Do you have an LCD TV? I had problems using the provided IR remote with my LCD TV and after reading about similar experiences on this forum I decided to buy another UHF remote. Haven't had a problem since then.

I do have a 6500k fluorescent backlight, but don't think it is the problem, but I will play with it and see if what you say happens.
Dan
Update: I was not able to cause the remote failure after turning backlight off and on and testing the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)