IR remote not responding

benchtechjohn

Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
buffalo,ny
I was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with there number 1 IR remote not changing addresses? I received a few calls this morning about this.Every time I went to change the address on the primary the secondary would change and ideas on why this is happening.

nope the ones i checked were in dual mode , had them switch back and forth on the mode but still the #1 remote was changing the uhf address was wondering if ti was a glitch or something else was going on.

Do menu+menu. Are both remotes set to the same address? If so, then you need to change just one, say the RF one by using RF remote to: Sat for 5 sec, address (1 to 16 or more), press #, view 3 flashes. Then go back and change the IR remote as desired to a different address. Avoid address 1 unless you are using IR from a non-Dish remote with Dish "pre-programmed".
-Ken

I tried that and remote2 was changing address then went back to remote one to try to readdress the same number then a few different numbers and it still was changing the uhf address still doesnt make any sense why this was happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts