question about on-demand movies (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

merk

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 8, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
hi all,

if i go onto the dish website and order a movie - i have to select a time for that movie. Does that mean starting from that time i have 24 hours to either watch or record the movie? i.e the movies arent really on demand - i have to either schedule a recording or watch at one of the designated start times.

The dvr does not automatically schedule the movie to get recorded? because i ordered a movie (gamer) last night for 2am and i thought i'd have it ready to watch but when i go to the dvr - movies section it says i dont have anything.

I tuned to the channel that gamer is on and instead scheduled a recording for 8pm tonight. Is this how it's supposed to work? there are no real on-demand movies that i can start at a time of my choosing?

thanks

Dish VIP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2006
Reno DMA
Gamer is on a PPV channel 525 right now. VOD is only channel 501. I currently have 16 channel 501 movies and don't see Gamer currently being offered as VOD.

Yes, w/ PPV you have to schedule a recording. The good news is that the 24 hour view window doesn't start until you first watch the recorded PPV, providing that movie is still offered on a PPV channel.

The recording will be erased from your hard drive:

a) 24 hours after first viewing or
b) When the movie is no longer offered and you never viewed it.

merk

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 8, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
ah ok thanks - i guess i was confusing PPV and VOD. when i order a movie through the website, it doesn''t automatically schedule the the dvr to record it?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts