IR remote not responding

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

benchtechjohn

Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
buffalo,ny
I was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with there number 1 IR remote not changing addresses? I received a few calls this morning about this.Every time I went to change the address on the primary the secondary would change and ideas on why this is happening.

nope the ones i checked were in dual mode , had them switch back and forth on the mode but still the #1 remote was changing the uhf address was wondering if ti was a glitch or something else was going on.

Do menu+menu. Are both remotes set to the same address? If so, then you need to change just one, say the RF one by using RF remote to: Sat for 5 sec, address (1 to 16 or more), press #, view 3 flashes. Then go back and change the IR remote as desired to a different address. Avoid address 1 unless you are using IR from a non-Dish remote with Dish "pre-programmed".
-Ken

I tried that and remote2 was changing address then went back to remote one to try to readdress the same number then a few different numbers and it still was changing the uhf address still doesnt make any sense why this was happening.