IR/RF Remotes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Does anyone know what remotes are RF vs IR? I understand 2 RF remotes can be programmed to control the same receiver at the same time but, you can't use a IR and RF remote at the same time.

The remote I just purchased from DirecTV is the RC64RB which is RF with lighting. Very nice remote. I don't want to pay for another RF remote but have a bunch in the basement that not in use that might be RF. I have models RC23 and a RC64R. Is eiher the rC23 or RC64R RF?

the RC64R is the same as the one you bought sans the backlighting, if you have a "R" at the end of the model it's a RF/IR remote, it's a total crapshoot what comes in the box, I have installed HR21's with RC23's and D10's with RC64R's :eek:

Yes the RC64R is RF, the RC23 isn't. A RF remote will have a FCC sticker on the back. Other RF white remotes include the URC 2081/2, RC24, RC34, RC32RF, RC64R, and RC64rb.

So, I can use a RC64RB and RC64R on RF mode at the same time to control the same receiver? I assume all I need to do when programming the RF remote is use the same 6 digit code on both remotes right?

So, I can use a RC64RB and RC64R on RF mode at the same time to control the same receiver? I assume all I need to do when programming the RF remote is use the same 6 digit code on both remotes right?

Yes, leave the receiver and first RF remote alone, just do the following on the second RF remote:

1 dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found a on sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT

Last edited:
This is great. Thank you to you both. You just saved me $25. Sure wish DirecTV could have told me this last night when I called them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)