Irmo, SC OTA

wmbjr

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
I am looking for antenna advice. My zip is 29063. Below is the antennaweb.org info. Also included is an attachment of the tvfool.com report. My main question is whether I am better off with the CM3016, CM3018, or the RS VU-90XR. I am also open to other suggestions. My main concern is that WOLO is on VHF 8 and WIS is moving to VHF 10. Those are two of the main channels I want to pick up. I hope to only buy one antenna and the typoe described above are similar to ones that other people in the neighborhood have (though no one knew the exact type because the antennas are all 20+ years old). Thanks for any advice.

WB

yellow - uhf WRLK-DT 35.1 PBS COLUMBIASC 91° 14.4 32
yellow - vhf WOLO-DT 25.1 ABC COLUMBIASC 93° 24.2 8
yellow - uhf WLTX-DT 19.1 CBS COLUMBIASC 97° 24.2 17
yellow - uhf WIS-DT 10.1 NBC COLUMBIASC 92° 24.7 41
yellow - uhf WKTC-DT 38.1 MNT SUMTERSC 93° 24.2 39
yellow - uhf WACH-DT 57.1 FOX COLUMBIASC 93° 24.2 48​

Attachments

• Radar-Digital.png
    Radar-Digital.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 141
The Channel Master 36XX series is better built than the 30XX series of antennas.

That being said, you have strong signal coming from one direction so you don't need a huge Christmas tree on the roof.

Remember to always buy an antenna from a place that will allow you to return it if it does not work for you.

Remember to always buy an antenna from a place that will allow you to return it if it does not work for you.

That pretty much limits me to the Radio Shack unit. I cannot find anyone else around that allows returns without too much difficulty. Thanks for the suggestion of the 36XX series. I am hoping the RS antenna will be sufficient.