Is 91 CONUS again?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I know that they say that the 2 sats at 91 now are NIMIQ 1 and NIMIQ 2. If this is the case, then shouldn't 91 be conus again? Meaning Southern FL can get all the transponders on 91 again?

I was just wondering if they decided to keep one of the old DTV sats, instead of using NIMIQ 2.

I know that they say that the 2 sats at 91 now are NIMIQ 1 and NIMIQ 2. If this is the case, then shouldn't 91 be conus again? Meaning Southern FL can get all the transponders on 91 again?

I was just wondering if they decided to keep one of the old DTV sats, instead of using NIMIQ 2.

I can pick up most of 91 in my area but I've never had an issue with the birds at that slot. 82 on the other hand is gone.

Why would they necessarily be? Bell is a Canadian DBS provider.

Beacause Nimiq 1 and 2 were CONUS. When they started using old DTV satellites, they cut off some of CA and FL.

If Nimiq 1 and 2 are at 91, then the 91 signal would be CONUS again.

They cut off more than CA and FL. I live about 90 miles NW of Houston, TX. I used to be able to get everything on EVu in the upper 70s using an 18" dish. I lost all of the transponders that they moved to the "new" satellite in August 2004 and had to put up a 90cm (35") dish to get them back. Even then, transponders would disappear and reappear every few months. I suspected that they were "tinkering" with the signal, and I was on the fringe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)