Is A 22KHz Block Available?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcardani

Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Southern NJ
Hi All,

Background:
I am planning the wiring right now and would like to select the solution with the least amount of switches/patch cords. Plans are to use a motorized 1.2 meter KU only dish with Invacom Quad LNB. I would like to use a Zinwell 4x4 Multiswitch with 22KHz, which would select linear or circular polarity. Set no 22KHz tone for linear and 22KHz tone for circular. I would like to drive up to 4 receivers with the primary receiver (a Pansat 9200 HD) having motor control. The secondary receivers would be a Quali and future Starchoice DSR505 HD.

Problem
Since the DSR505 uses 22KHz to switch between the 107 and 111 sats, I would need to be able to block (filter out) the 22KHz signal at the receiver so the polarity will stay linear (and not switch to circular when the 22KHz tone is enabled).

A search of the WWW mentions that a Taiwan company manufacture them but there's nobody selling these that I can find.

thanks,

Joe

Keep the Starchoice system separate. It needs a separate LNB or Dish at 107.3/111.1 to download the guide :)

Hi Iceberg,

So it won't work on a motorized dish because of the guide?

Do you suggest getting the 75 cm dish in NJ for extra insurance (8PSK HD)

thanks,

Joe

It would work but you'd have to move the dish every time you want to watch a channel. And the SC box would switch the 22k when it goes to 111.1 (the HD satellite)

yes the 75e should be fine. I use one in Minnesota and it works great

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts