Is AMC-4 and IA-5 close enough to use 1 dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Will not increase the quality of the digital signals but there will be MANY more!

One LNBF will work for all the satellites.

With the Invacom QPH-031 you would even get circular and linear digital signals!

but if you are doing the 2LNB idea (and one satellite is weaker) then yes you probably will gain some points by using a motor instead. The dish will be fixed directly on that satellite and not rely on an offset bounce :)

Isn't a motor controlled by the reciever inside the house? If so, then the reciever would need to be compatable with the motor. If a motor only costs $75, I would rather go that route than pick up a second satellite with an offset bounce. Of course I will still have to pay a satellite tech to set it up for me but I would probbally messup my dish installing a second LNB too.

Yes, the receiver would need to be compatable, but with the Fortec that is no problem. Many here use the SG-2100 motor. You could install yourself if you have the patience! Since you like religous channels, you would have a few more to choose from. GBN on AMC6 comes to mind and there are some on IA5 as well.

ShaneLinder said:
Isn't a motor controlled by the reciever inside the house? If so, then the reciever would need to be compatable with the motor. .

yes and yes. The receiver you have in your signature will work just fine with a motorAnd once it set up, you dont have to worry about it. When you change satellite it wil automatically move (after you set it up) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)