Is anyone familar with THESATELLITESHOP.NET

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Flinthill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
West Central Texas
I'm getting ready to buy a 4dtv receiver, feed horn and lnbs. After a great deal of searching it looks like this place has the best pricing. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with these folks. Sure would be good to know before I get involved with them.

Their URL is:

http://www.thesatelliteshop.net/

Had not heard of them... thats not a bad price on the actuator... and the D*hd box is $20 off what wally world has them at... but Robert at Value Electronics would probably meet or beat that with the Sat Guys members discount.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from these guys. Found them on eBay. They're somewhere in Ohio. They sound very knowledgeable and shipped my stuff quickly.

My first order was a CorotorII+ new, fine shape. Also ordered C & K lnbs (eagle aspens) ---------- they work great for being inexpensive.
(all the above was a package deal.... about 180 delivered)
This first order came with a $5 off cupon for future purchases, which I applied to the actuator below.

I ordered a 18" superjack actuator for 50 bucks, minus the 5 above = 45

Their prices are close enough to eBay, I'll probably just use them in the future.

(btw, my dish was free, and I got my dsr922 from a guy on ebay)

I just ordered from them today... I bought the CorotorII+ aswell... Called them first... Seem very good...

JerryK said:
I've bought a bunch of stuff from these guys. Found them on eBay. They're somewhere in Ohio. They sound very knowledgeable and shipped my stuff quickly.

My first order was a CorotorII+ new, fine shape. Also ordered C & K lnbs (eagle aspens) ---------- they work great for being inexpensive.
(all the above was a package deal.... about 180 delivered)
This first order came with a $5 off cupon for future purchases, which I applied to the actuator below.

I ordered a 18" superjack actuator for 50 bucks, minus the 5 above = 45

Their prices are close enough to eBay, I'll probably just use them in the future.

(btw, my dish was free, and I got my dsr922 from a guy on ebay)

I want to upgrade my feedhorn and lnb from my dish which I have not installed yet, so I do not do the work twice.

I have a 10 feet mesh dish and it has an C-band only lnb.

I was looking at the Chaparral C/Ku band Coroto II plus combo pack at this website.

The only feedhorn and lnb I have ever seen for big dishes is the one I have right now and it has the lnb sticked to the feedhorn. Looking at this combo, the chaparral, the drawing shows the Feedhorn and 2 lnb (the c and ku) separate.

I guess if I buy it there will be a space for each one on the feedhorn? I thought it was going to be only 1 lnb that would do the functions of C and Ku.

This looks as a good price to get the feedhorn and 2 band lnbs.

The description also says is for satellite in the US. Does that mean this will not work for me to get channels out of PAS 3R?

Kelleyga,
I'm not an expert but here's what I know (you're doing just about exactly what I did)

the Corotor 2+ has mounts for both lnb's. You just bolt them on. Use the rubber gaskets that come with it and make sure they're pointed the right way.

there is an "international" version of the Corotor. I didn't get it. Don't know much about that.

The lnbs that come with that (Eagle Aspen) are supposed to be the low-end cheapies....but mine seem to work great.

Hi JerryK, thanks for your answer.

I order that unit and I should received it today. I got the pole done Saturday and my back hurts a lot. Now, I am waiting for the LNB and will install tonight and get the dish mounted hopefully tomorrow.

But you are saying it is working ok for you right? Well I hope it works good for me too. Thanks for your help.

all works well for me..getting the dish aligned took several evenings though.

JerryK: Question for you. THanks.

JerryK, I have a question for you. I was installing the Feedhorn and LNBs. I removed the old ones and install got the new setup in place. When I wanted to put the Feedhorn Cover Cone, it will not fit because the lnb took a lot of space. What I ended up doing was removing the C band lnb elbow and connected the Cband Lnb directly to the feedhorn. DId you have this problem too? Maybe I did something wrong but not sure. I could not find any other way to get it going without removing the elbow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)