Is buying the HD-DVR receiver from D*V the best deal going?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grampi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Ohio
Or could I possibly get a better receiver at possibly a lower price ($199) by purchasing one somewhere else?

If you have a Costco membership you can try there, some folks have reported them $20 to $40 less there.

Have you logged onto your account on the DirecTV web site, depening on how much they value you as a customer it might be $99. But that could end up being a refurb HR20 or a new HR23, all depends on what they have laying around to ship out. You could also just call them and ask if they could make you a deal.

If you have a Costco membership you can try there, some folks have reported them $20 to $40 less there.

Have you logged onto your account on the DirecTV web site, depening on how much they value you as a customer it might be $99. But that could end up being a refurb HR20 or a new HR23, all depends on what they have laying around to ship out. You could also just call them and ask if they could make you a deal.

The only thing I've seen on their web site is the receiver they have listed for $199. It must be an HD receiver/DVR though.

I agree with rad, we bought one HR-22 at costco for $169 and will probably get another one from them. Good deal

If you do not have HD now you will also need a new dish so the best deal would be through DirecTV. Theirs come with a new dish and complete install.

I was just able to upgrade to HD with complete installation of a new dish and free HD DVR. I had to push the CSA on the phone, but she went with it as I have been a loyal D* customer.

I would always start with DirecTV and see what kind of deal I could get. If it got to the point where they would only go full price then I'd personally opt for CostCo. It's pretty consistent that they have the HD DVR available for $169. I haven't seen a H2x series (non-DVR HD receiver) at our local CostCo's since last August/September but when they were available they were around $65.

Last edited:
Or could I possibly get a better receiver at possibly a lower price ($199) by purchasing one somewhere else?
Sorry but you need to change your wording. You are not BUYING or PURCHASING
from D* or Costco or any other place. You're paying a lease upgrade fee, PURCHASING would be in the $500-600 range:).

If you are a real good long time customer, you'll get a HR22 for free along with a free AM21. I did. I simply inqured and it was offered. When ever I call the first thing they say to me is that I am a long time, valued customer. Thy have always given me everything for free though sometimes, they screw up, and send the wrong stuff but after a few phone calls, it always gets sorted out. LOL, I cannot even get them to take back my old receivers. Guess they are goping to GoodWill.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)