Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Since I am KU, the only way to get BYU TV is on Satmex5 (116.8)

I cant get BYU TV in to save my soul (no pun intended)

I know Satmex is a bugger in the Northern states but is the footprint for BYU really that bad?

Also, I noticed they have like 4 or 5 DVB frequencies on C-Band (IA5). Is that legit?

Iceberg said:
Also, I noticed they have like 4 or 5 DVB frequencies on C-Band (IA5). Is that legit?
Yes it is Tony. They like to get there message out in different languages. Sometimes there is stuff in those languages, usually (at least when I've surfed by) they are dubbed or whatever it's called when the other language is heard over the talking lips.

Al

Why do you need BYU so badly?.. The best alternitive is to get the "family pack" from e* for 19 bucks a month

juan said:
Why do you need BYU so badly?.. The best alternitive is to get the "family pack" from e* for 19 bucks a month
juan
its not the point of having it. Its the point of not beign able to get it when I should be able to. FTA is a hobby so why would I through away 20 bucks for one channel that is FREEEEEEEE? If its a conus KU bird (Satmex is) I should be able to get it.

They do have some sports on there too :)

Good point Ice! I dropped all subscription TV when I put up my dish. I'm strictly OTA and KU. I figured there's so much more to life than watching TV and I get plenty with my combo. My wife was "spot on" when she said: "I'm tired of watching other people do things.' I' want to do things" So, instead of pissing away approx $70+ dollars a month to pick up signals, I have an extra $800.00+ a year to invest in my future.

Iceberg said:
juan
its not the point of having it. Its the point of not beign able to get it when I should be able to. FTA is a hobby so why would I through away 20 bucks for one channel that is FREEEEEEEE? If its a conus KU bird (Satmex is) I should be able to get it.

Exactly. Just because I don’t speak Arabic or Spanish or Farsi or MooGooGuyPan or FuManChu doesn’t mean I can’t watch it. Its there for the taking if you want to see it. Its Freeeee. Like I had in a “Friday Fun poll” a while back.
Do you get more excited when a new channel pops up or disappointed when a channel goes bye bye. Seeing those channels pop up is well worth it.

Damn I watch Caliente on Univision…don’t need to know the language to see women dancing around in bikinis :D

Iceberg said:
juan

Sorry my bad.. Kinda like DX'ing is hobby for alot of people. They dont want to watch those channels they just want to pick them up

yep. :)

Its neat to see news feeds from different parts of the US and different programs :)

Iceberg said:
juan
its not the point of having it. Its the point of not being able to get it when I should be able to.

Wow, isn't that the truth?!! Getting the channels is addictive - not actually watching them. I watch about one hour of TV a night, and usually fall asleep while I'm watching it. I spend about 23 hours thinking about my setup, and about three hours a week just fooling with it. I spent about two hours installing a dish and LNB for the NASA channel, and probably won't be able to find time to watch it! I don't count the time that I spend on this forum. :)

Last edited:
123tim said:
Wow, isn't that the truth?!! Getting the channels is addictive - not actually watching them.
AMEN!
I spend about 23 hours thinking about my setup, and about three hours a week just fooling with it. I spent about two hours installing a dish and LNB for the NASA channel, and probably won't be able to find time to watch it! I don't count the time that I spend on this forum. :)
so true...I have an item coming tomorrow by FedEx and I am waiting anxiously for it to arrive so I can play with it :D
(I'll spend most of the time playing with the new toys)

I've been able to pick up BYU now and then -- sometimes are 40% after tweaking, sometimes at 70% without tweaking. It seems to be one of the more inconsistent stations, even on SatMex (which I others seem to have no problem with).

BYU TV feed

Is the BYU TV on Ku band (Satmex) the same feed that they use for their internet broadcasts? Can't turn my dish right now to find out... I have other recordings going on. I really do need another dish.

Iceberg, I live in the south, and my Coolsat 5000 can't find BYU on Satmex by using a blindscan. And I don't know how to manually put in the PID info in order to see if there would be any signal strength or symblance of a picture.

I can get BYU on C-band on IA 5, of course, though. After a blindscan, it's listed as "Service 10".

What's the alphabet for the MooGooGuyPan language so I can be prepared for those FTA feeds? :)

Replays of BYU football during the season is one I know. I think basketball games too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

STAR BOX 5400 Its

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)