Is CBS HD always this bad?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I never mentioned motion or blurring. You said the human eye couldn't distinguish above 34hz, the average may be at 34, but a human can easily distinguish much higher than 34. Try watching a TV set to that, and then at 60 and tell me there is no difference.

I do agree, however, that the guy you quoted has no earthly clue about what he is saying. 60hz will not cause pixelation.

The other day I was receiving CBS from College Station on CH3, OTA of course, and was I was switching between my local CBS in Houston Ch 11 OTA.

The broadcast from College Station was noticeably better in sound and picture. Not sure why but thought I would share.

Here, there's no difference in PQ from OTA to E* with CBS. Both are pretty good. The local affiliate has horrible sound, and that's the same OTA or E*.

This has been going on a long time and it is the same for both cbs and nbc . If you have both a HD receiver and the NFL network try recording a cbs or nbc game and then compare to the rebroadcast on NFL network and you will see the problem is clearly with cbs and nbc, either their up link or there affiliates. the difference is clear , the colors are much deeper and the pixilation is gone on the NFL network.I have both OTA and HD locals and they are the same crappy picture quality probably from being 1080i but abc and fox are always better they are in 720p. this topic comes up ever football season. You will also notice the commercials do not have the pixilation only the games which suggests the up link. I see these problems on my HD CRT"S so it has nothing to do with lcd hz's.

In my area it is definitely not Dish since everything else on Dish-CBS looks great, and the football looks bad even on OTA.

Also the problem probably goes fairly deep, since the majority of the CBS football games on the Red Zone look bad just like my local affiliate. Sometimes I will see a clip from certain areas that looks great from CBS, but it is mostly bad.

When I had red zone free preview, The hd feed was amazing. My cbs feed (same game) was crap

here is a pic, look at her face

Attachments

• 100_1132.JPG
    100_1132.JPG
    860.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 100_1133.JPG
    100_1133.JPG
    511.2 KB · Views: 137
Yes, it sound like they have a poor encoder or allocating too much bandwidth to their subchannels or both.

Yes, this is often the case: a local problem with how the local broadcaster is doing what you said. For a while KABC primary HD channel looked awful when they put an additional HD channel at .2. The sad thing is that everything with OTA is now legacy, meaning that they are stuck with MPEG 2, current modulation scheme, and, AFAIK, can't use some of the latest (and soon to come?) turbo-coding. And I won't get into the ATSC vs. DVB-T matter. Anyways, the sub-channels can look pretty bad no matter what and the primary HD can look a bit sad, as well. Although the bad sub-channels look better than the internationals at 118. We can't go out and replace all the OTA technology in all those HDTV's. We're gonna be kind of stuck quite a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)