Is chiller edited for TV or is it unedited like Monster

tws101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Is chiller edited for graphic and otherwise questionable content?
Does it have commercial interuption during movies?

My wife and I enjoy Monster alot. I am hoping chiller is unedited and commercial free (at least during the movies).

from what i understand it is edited for commercials,have no idea on content but i would guess that it too is edited...

Looking at the guide info (directv) return to horror high 3 am tonight. (AC, AL, N, V) So my guess is editing is for commercials only. I have not watched Chiller for more than 5 mins since it went live for me.

Chiller does not appear to edit their content, but most of what the show is made for TV. Most of the movies are older flicks, so even if they have an R rating they are tame compared to what you see/hear on prime time big four shows. Since it is a subscription channel, it is not subject to very much FCC scrutiny. Comedy aired South Park, Bigger, Longer ... in its original form. They also set a Guinness World Record when South Park did the S word for poo show.

Looking at the guide info (directv) return to horror high 3 am tonight. (AC, AL, N, V) So my guess is editing is for commercials only. I have not watched Chiller for more than 5 mins since it went live for me.

Those ratings don't change even on the edited movies shown on channels like TBS or TNT. I know because my 622 is locked down and the edited channels still get locked out because of the ratings for the original movie.

Dish Network ratings system is horrendous. DirecTV uses real TV ratings system while Dish uses only the movie ratings system and does a bad job at it to begin with. They put things like V, L N, SC at the end but the movie ratings never had that to begin with. I don't know why they don't just use the TV-PG etc ratings for the regular channels and only the movie ratings for the pay channels. All they have to do is a software update to the current receivers. Except now they use movie ratings even for the basic channels. It is a big distracting mess and if you use the lock feature is is kind of worthless.

Anyway I am glad they finally added Chiller. Now only if they would get rid of that useless Nick GAS and separate Noggin and The-N.

Chiller does not appear to edit their content, but most of what the show is made for TV. Most of the movies are older flicks, so even if they have an R rating they are tame compared to what you see/hear on prime time big four shows. Since it is a subscription channel, it is not subject to very much FCC scrutiny. Comedy aired South Park, Bigger, Longer ... in its original form. They also set a Guinness World Record when South Park did the S word for poo show.

aren't their tits in like every horror film from the '80's? (think it was a law or something) Wait for one of those, that will be the true teller.

Chiller does indeed censor their content. I watched Chiller at my sister's house last year and noticed this. Praise the lord that the Chiller folks are so concerned about my personal well being that they would censor their content just to protect me.

Want further proof? Just tune into their showing of Lifeforce. (Currently showing)

from what i understand it is edited for commercials,have no idea on content but i would guess that it too is edited...

Milslim,

Turned on Chiller last night, and there was a movie called Lifeforce. The scene I saw was in some Morgue, a Chick gets off the table naked, but Chiller Blurred out the chicks breasts. It appears Chiller is edited for content.

John

i watched the movie virus when i got home yest.and some of the language was blocked out,i like the channel line-up anyway,but it would be better if there were no edits on the movie or shows themselves,i can put up with the commercials but the movie edited kinda sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)