Is Chuck Renewed?

Is Chuck going to be renewed? When will we know?

Though NBC is expected to discuss its fall season plans at a Monday "infront" presentation, there is talk that the final word on Chuck, among a few other series, could be delayed.

Source: Oh Chuck Me: NBC's Decision May Be Delayed

Another Story on edit:
NBC was expected to lay down verdict on 'Chuck' this Monday, May 4 but will not give out its decision until later in the middle of the month.

NBC had promised to announce the full list of pick ups on May 19.

Source: NBC Renews 'Medium' but Suspends Judgement on 'Chuck'

Last edited:
'Chuck' limbo could be coming to an end

NBC, Warner Bros. TV close to compromise

By Nellie Andreeva

Sources indicate that the bubble NBC dramedy with strong Web following is close to a third-season pickup.

The network had asked for significant budget reductions on top of the cuts producing studio Warner Bros. TV had already made going into the second season.

Source & More: hollywoodreporter.com

Chuck Is Renewed !!!!!!

Finally, the official confirmation that NBC’s Chuck has been renewed has come. It has been renewed for 13 episodes. There is an option for a back 9, but whether or not NBC exercises it remains to be seen. Unknown still, as of this writing, but something we’ll know shortly is when it will air on NBC’s schedule. The rumor mill has been suggesting Fridays at 8pm. We’ll see.

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/17/chuck-renewed/18828

Chuck Renewed per Does Chuck Have A 3rd Season?.

yeah - but the producer is reported to have been forced into some 'serious budget cuts', and they are only getting an order for 13 episodes.

...hardly a 'full season'.

I am really hating the production of 'half seasons' and branding them as 'a season'. :(

Still, it is better than reality programming.

Friday at 8:00 - the death sentence. That really blows. Likely that it won't go past the 13 episodes with that time slot. :( I guess we better enjoy what we can get.

I am boycotting Jay Leno - I will NEVER watch his show, as it is responsible for the axing of good tv.

Yes, Friday is a death sentence, but there is a lot that can happen between now and September or October.

This is good and bad news. I will DVR it, but highly doubtful will be able to watch it when it comes on.

With a huge cut one has to wonder if it will be more than just Sarah/Chuck/Casey on the show any more? Half the show was the interaction with all the crazy co-workers and half baked excuses for missing things while out doing spy work.

Hopefully they'll be able to keep up the quality with the new budget. 13 episodes is better than nothing, but I agree with all of you, the Friday time slot is a death blow. It seems like NBC knew they had no reason to cancel the show so instead they keep it and do everything they can so that they have every reason in the world to cancel it at the end of the next 13 episodes. Shameful really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts