Is D* Still Installing Standard Receivers....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
in areas that they are moving locals off of 72.5? I called to add a receiver to my father-in-law's account. He just bought new TV and wants to get a HD box for it. I am in the Charleston, SC area, and I know that they are moving my locals soon. I just recently got all my standard receivers replaced with HD receivers because of it. The CSR said that the only way we would get a HD receivers is if we pay $99 even if they are moving my locals. If they don't install SD receivers anymore, the installer would just cancel the order once he got there and I would have to call back and order a HD receiver. I know he is full of crap, but what should I do. Order a SD receiver and hope when he gets here he will install a HD receiver, or should I call and pay the $99 to get a HD receiver.

SD upgrade is $69 HD upgrade is $99 your decesion. D* will install the correct receivers for your fathers market.

Reading this thread brings up a question for me. Are any more of the local channels Std feeds being discontinued anytime soon? I live in the Dallas area and my Mom still uses 1 Std DTV receiver for multiple-room viewing with the RF Remote setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts