Is D* Still Installing Standard Receivers....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
in areas that they are moving locals off of 72.5? I called to add a receiver to my father-in-law's account. He just bought new TV and wants to get a HD box for it. I am in the Charleston, SC area, and I know that they are moving my locals soon. I just recently got all my standard receivers replaced with HD receivers because of it. The CSR said that the only way we would get a HD receivers is if we pay $99 even if they are moving my locals. If they don't install SD receivers anymore, the installer would just cancel the order once he got there and I would have to call back and order a HD receiver. I know he is full of crap, but what should I do. Order a SD receiver and hope when he gets here he will install a HD receiver, or should I call and pay the $99 to get a HD receiver.

SD upgrade is $69 HD upgrade is $99 your decesion. D* will install the correct receivers for your fathers market.

Reading this thread brings up a question for me. Are any more of the local channels Std feeds being discontinued anytime soon? I live in the Dallas area and my Mom still uses 1 Std DTV receiver for multiple-room viewing with the RF Remote setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)