Is Digital Phone worth the money?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HotSamoan3

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Kissimmee
Hi guys i am thinking about getting digital phone and was wondering if you think their promotion for 119.95 with the hbo and cinemax which is free for 3 months is worth it since i have all 4 premiums. Any input would be great about this decision:eureka

heck no do yourself a favor and get magicjack like i did, use your same phone pick your own number for only 19.95 a year, unlimited long distance, unlimited talk time, united states and canada, i have had mine for 2 years now and it is flawless. hooks right to your comp has all the features of the local phone company, magicJack you will be well pleased with it and has 911 and 411 included for directory service with no extra charge

my advice would be to avoid magig jack as i've read nothing but horrible things including the spyware which uploads when you first use that you can't delete.

i had bhn's digital phone service for several years and really never had any complaints (about the phone service).

I also have heard uncomplimentary things about magicJack but never the spyware thing. Can you provide a reference source?

i believe there was quite a lengthy thread here at one time that detailed info about the software. maybe, it was one of those consumer beware websites.

evidently, it follows every keystroke you make and its impossible to delete. they also conduct all of their customer support via email and have no warm bodies to talk with. i've also read that they cut you off if you are on the phone more than 10 or 15 minutes.

haven't seen one of their commercials in ages and they were flooding the tube with them earlier in the year. quite frankly, i thought they had gone out of business or were being investigated by the FCC!

I would never have a phone in my house that's dependent on reliable internet from the cable company.

but their phone doesn't necessarily go out when your internet does. this isn't vonage we are talking about. i finally cancelled vonage because everytime my internet crapped for a second, i had no telephone.

bhn phone is much more reliable. and most of you know i am hardly a bhn fan girl anymore!!

Purchase a product called Ooma, then you can pay $o.oo per month. I have used it now for over 3 months and the only glitch I have experienced was when the cable system went down and was down for only a couple of hours. If you are a member of Costco the cost is 219.99 at costco.com, if not Best Buy sells it for $249.99. It takes about 10 minutes to install.

I have to have fax capability. Will BHN VoIP transmit faxes?

Yes will work just fine. I have only heard of one Fax Machine having issues, it was an HP machine. I think it was one of those (scan,copy,fax) type deals. I forget the model it was so long ago since I did that kind of work.

BH vs others like MJack

I added the phone over a year ago as got a great bundled package. I had Ver...n for years and their prices just constantly went up. I had the least possible but still ran me $36.00 a month. They also had all these gimmicks like charging for a call from Tampa to St. Petersburg etc. Cost to NOT have long distance and charged you to have it EVEN if not used. That went up too! My monthly deal, with tax, added $12.00 to what deal I had before. I am completely satisfied and now can call anywhere in the US/Florida and not worry about extra cost. I fax as well. Far better than MagicJack as my same house lines/phones are used. Battery backup as well if power goes down. I don't have to have my computer running as well. Not sure how MJack deals with enhanced 911 but BH all the same as Veri..n. If you are with BH get connected with their customer rentention area and discuss prices. I have my deal for 2 years and no contracts or price increases to worry about. I keep shopping and looking but nothing close to waht I have now. For each his own but I am very pleased customer.

Digital Phone Package

Hi !
Regarding your question, You will need to "breakdown" the package pricing.
Packaging services...very confusing regarding wht your getting for what you are wanting, or will use. Also usually, if the Line goes down you will loose all, untill they bring all back online.
Reliability and call clarity are the issues, not necessarily the price. These days very few VOiP services have clarity issues. Clarity dependss primarily on interent speed, so my advise is to spend "extra" on the upload/download speed.
There is Skype and Magic Jack available, very inexpensive (greatly)and you may choose services/ pricing as you need. Also, many VOIPs now offer portable modem connection via USB. Which you then can go to "starbucks or a hotel and use your laptop or the hotels computer to connect the USB to and call where ever you like, with the record of the call ( if business) on your bill.

So, my advice, don't be hasty or gullable due to corp marketing. As far as srvices go, independent services ARE (almost) always a better way to go.

regards,

DaBaddog
Installer
Cable/ Sat / VOIP/ Home Theater / PC/Networking.
10 years.
( just to let you know ,I am not talking outM.A., and if ..then it's been around awhile ; )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)