is DirecTV messing with me?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Logic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Norwalk, CA
i know the title seems a bit far fetched but a couple of months ago, i was having problems with my DRD485RG, having to reset & reauth. it almost everyday. Finally that problem disappeared. now the problem im having is im having to reset my H21 everyday because my HD satellites are disappearing. i thought it might be the b band converter but by just resetting the box they come back. what gives? i'm really getting tired of equipment failure for the price im paying every month now.

You need to post your signal strengths for each transponder on each satellite.
You could also connect the H21 to a different output on the dish to see if that helps.

all the Ku band satellites are coming in strong and when i get to 99 & 103, i get nothing but 0's. when I reset the box, the levels come back up. the box has been reset 3 times in the last 24 hrs. and i've reauthorized it twice. i guess my next option would be to try another output on the dish but i cant remember if my last output is connected.

all the Ku band satellites are coming in strong and when i get to 99 & 103, i get nothing but 0's. when I reset the box, the levels come back up. the box has been reset 3 times in the last 24 hrs. and i've reauthorized it twice. i guess my next option would be to try another output on the dish but i cant remember if my last output is connected.

Please tell us what equipment you have, lnb type, receiver/dvr models and all of your signal strengths. It will help to diagnose a possible cause.

In my blast fact today I got that DirecTv was screwing with one person and I guess that was you. LOL

Seriously, it could be a bad LNB, Multiswitch (if you have one), line, receiver, BBC, receiver (basically anything).

If you tell us your equipment, we can better trouble shoot it.

It sounds like the multiswitch in the lnb has a bad port then. Glad you got it working again. FYI, if Directv comes out for a service call, they will likely replace your dish with a Slimline.

whoops! that's AU-9's Slimline. heheh...

seems that one of my lines was getting old and when i wiggled it around at the satellite port, the signal was breaking up at the receiver. all better now.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)