Is Dish Anywhere available on Roku Express?

It’s the “Beyond Unlimited” plan; comes with 15gb unthrottled hotspot. I have a dedicated phone that I use just as a hotspot for vacations like these; so there’s no data use on the phone itself

Have you gone past the 15 GB point yet? DishAnywhere, like most streaming apps, is a data hog...

Try it using a Fire Stick connected to your Verizon phone connected as a hotspot. Then report back.
FYI cell Internet was "net neutrality" exempt before the latest decision. That's why t-mobile and the like could zero-rate some video providers and not others. IMO expect to see these cell type offerings on you regular ISP if the latest ruling stands.

all those all those sticks be it Roku or Amazon Fire TV or whoever are underpowered. DA has and is working very well on both my full Fire TV boxes, not sticks. Amazon's latest Fire TV which is in the shape of a square and a dongle HDMI connection is actually an upgraded stick so DA may actually work better on Amazon's latest Fire TV masquerading as the box but really an upgraded stick because the specs are any improvements to the previous stick.

it's all it's all over the Internet are both Roku and Fire Sticks don't perform nearly as well as the boxes. There's a reason why the sticks are so cheap. in fact many of them that have commented that switching to the Box was a far superior experience compared to any of the stick products. You get what you pay for. However I will say for traveling a stick is far more Compact and maybe adequate rather than having to pack the box and the cables.

My newer Roku stick is just fine. As long as you don't want to play games, and just want to stream content, the newer sticks are fine. My Fire Stick (latest revision) had been fine as well. I am not sure what has happened in the past month or so, but mine has really started to stink. Remote inputs are extremely laggy. It is now almost unusable. I really only got it for DA, and now I am not sure I will ever use it for anything other than DA, and, even then, I am probably more likely to use my iPad to watch DA content. My old original Roku Stick, which I thought sucked, is miles better than what my Fire stick has become recently.

Reactions: charlesrshell
FCC Repealed net neutrality and now you are having throttling on your internet connection only on certain apps that are not part of your main internet provider. Who would of thought that would happen? Oh yeah, the hundreds of thousands who protested this decision in advance. This is only the start of more pain for consumers.

:onstrike:onstrike:onstrike:onstrike:onstrike:onstrike:onstrike:onstrike
Verizon throttles hotspots in generala has for years. Has nothing to do with net neutrality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts