Is Dish going to provide the NBC 3D Channel for the Olympics?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I spoke too someone in corporate today as I had sent an email over a complaint and some other issues. I said I wanted an honest answer too why Dish is not showing the olympics in 3D and emailed the article where everyone but Dish was not mentioned. The reason being I was told is that Dish does not have the bandwidth. It was also confirmed that I wasn't the only person who had complained about Dish not showing the feed.

I did put in my email today that if I was a shareholder in Dish and not seeing there name mentioned I would be pissed.

He's basically saying what many of the others asking for a 3D Olympic channel have been saying.

BTW, I thought you were defending Dish's decision to not carry the 3D Olympic channel.

"Please don't let me be misunderstood." - Eric Burton and the Animals

Not at all. My original and still feeling is Dish should not be putting alot of effort into 3D at this time, there are other things that most customers can appreciate, like more HD, or more new channels, and host of other things. I am not convinced 3D is going to become watched widespread.
But they can do some special programming in 3D, and as pointed out since virtually every other provider is doing it, they might as well at least do that much.

My posts about the Olympics being carried in 3D are about people making posts of how horrible it is Dish is not apparently going to do it. I was pointing out it's not horrible for most every subscriber, because they can't or won't watch it in 3D. It was beginning to sound like Dish was letting down millions of subscribers. But I can see no reason they couldn't do special events in 3D.

I spoke too someone in corporate today as I had sent an email over a complaint and some other issues. I said I wanted an honest answer too why Dish is not showing the olympics in 3D and emailed the article where everyone but Dish was not mentioned. The reason being I was told is that Dish does not have the bandwidth. It was also confirmed that I wasn't the only person who had complained about Dish not showing the feed.

I did put in my email today that if I was a shareholder in Dish and not seeing there name mentioned I would be pissed.

That's nonsense, and just plain a bad excuse. Didn't they just drop some channels due to a contract dispute (AMC, IFC, etc.)? They could even use the bandwidth from one of the PPV channels.

Michael

That's nonsense, and just plain a bad excuse. Didn't they just drop some channels due to a contract dispute (AMC, IFC, etc.)? They could even use the bandwidth from one of the PPV channels.

Michael

Im with you. A plain bad excuse and its not like its going too be on forever. Dish Network Lets watch tv *No IFC AMC and No Olympics in 3D.

Im with you. A plain bad excuse and its not like its going too be on forever. Dish Network Lets watch tv *No IFC AMC and No Olympics in 3D.
I can even understand their general poor attitude towards 3D, in general, even if I disagree with it. But, this "not enough BW" excuse for not carrying the 3D Olympic channel is pure, unadulterated BS. Just use the bandwidth freed up by dropping AMC HD and SD, plus IFC, WE, and Sundance. It's only for a couple of weeks, for cryin' out loud. Jeez.

If little podunk cableco's like Armstrong, Blue Ridge, Suddenlink, WideOpen West and Bend Broadband can do it, Dish certainly could. But, they are letting this anti-3D attitude permeate every programming decision. My guess is it's a top-down philosophy from the skinny guy himself.

And just how is 3d going to ever take off if no one wants to broadcast it??
What came first, the chicken or the egg ? If anyone dislikes Dish's stance on 3DTV, hit them where it hurts - in the pocketbook. Cancel Dish, tell them why, and go to a provider with 3D channels.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Flame me if you like but I've tried twice to read this whole thread and fallen asleep both times so a possibly dumb question but...

If a local NBC broadcast station wants to broadcast 3D coverage does it have to have a cable or satellite provider, other than Dish, who will deliver it in 3D? Or will OTA deliver 3D? And if it does will a VIP with an OTA tuner display it in 3D?

What came first, the chicken or the egg ? If anyone dislikes Dish's stance on 3DTV, hit them where it hurts - in the pocketbook. Cancel Dish, tell them why, and go to a provider with 3D channels.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I switched from Dish to ATT UVerse 3 months ago. I am well pleased with UVerse and am getting a 3D TV next Monday and will be able to watch the Olympics in 3D. UVerse also has a number of free 3d movies on demand (Starz and HBO) and occasional 3D movies on Starz and HBO. Probably not as much 3D as Directv, but sufficient. It seems that Dish has made a strategic decision to let the other services have the 3D market. That might backfire on them as most new large screen TV's now have 3D and you pay only a small premium for 3D. I am getting a passive 3D set and the glasses are only $5.00 each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)