This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Is Dish HDTV Monitor worthy of purchase

IMHO DLP is the wave of the future. Bulbs will come down in price as more are produced. Right now I think it's around $275 and a DIY procedure. I can handle that every 2 - 3 years.

Also, I think the Sonys are Samsung technology.

The bulbs in the Samsung DLPs are rated for 8000 hours. That equates to over 3 1/2 years at 6 hours of viewing every day.

gpflepsen said:
The bulbs in the Samsung DLPs are rated for 8000 hours. That equates to over 3 1/2 years at 6 hours of viewing every day.

A lot cheaper than buying a whole new plasma TV every 7-10 years after burnout!

Tahoerob, not to mention, PQ on Plasma doesn't compare with DLP. BTW, has anybody of you looked into LCoS?

I have heard a lot of complaints on the RCA tv's and it seems to go along with what Consumer Reports are saying. RCA went from being one of the best tv's to buy in the 80's to one of the worst.

Stargazer said:
I have heard a lot of complaints on the RCA tv's and it seems to go along with what Consumer Reports are saying. RCA went from being one of the best tv's to buy in the 80's to one of the worst.

You've got that right...they used to be king of the hill. As a matter of fact, my dad still has one of the first RCA RPTV's from the early/mid 80's. It's a 45" (i think) with a solid wood outer shell and base (nowadays, they are made out of plastic and particle-board). I think back in the 80s he paid over $3,000 for it. He's actually finally getting rid of it and getting a new 57" hitachi any day now.

The tv's back then will probably last longer than they do now or go longer before a repair is needed. I mean look at some of the old RCA tv's that are still around and without a problem vs. the ones they make today. They got a name for themselves back then and got good brand recognition and increased their popularity and sell their product today based on what their product used to be like years ago.