Is Dish network is good place to work ???

yep some homes STINK to the point you want to throw up, some packed so soild with junk its hard to run a cable, then you have new subs who havent a clue but try to tell you how to do the job. One notable for me was a nice clueless guy who had a tough treed in site, he insisted just put on roof point dish STRAIGHT UP, it will work fine:(
I have been TOLD to : "just put the dish on the other side of the road"....
"Put it in my neighbor's yard. I know them. It'll be ok."

Best one.. Get to a house for a mover. The place is surrounded by trees on the property and on neighboroing properties. I do a thorough site survey. No dice.
Custy tells me they used ot live in that house and had Dish back then. I asked how long ago. She said 4 years or so. Told her trees grow. There was no place to put the dish. She then says to just aim the dish in another direction..LOL...
Then she says to put the dish in thre empty lot across the street..again...cracking up inside.
Of course she starts bitching about her contract. I told her she could have a 2nd opinion which she jumped all over.
Supe goes out and tells her the same bad news. She is livid because she thonks it is unfair that she has to pay up to get out of the contract.
Oh well. Not my problem.

I think Charlie should go on that Undercover Boss show. I know he used to do install work himself WAYYYY back in the day, like when Dish was first formed, but I bet he has no clue how it is today out there in the trenches.
He can try working the phones too.

Makes you wonder how pathetic the outcome would be....

I had a perspictive sub who was treed out.They were personal friends and insisted on putting their dish on a TV tower with NO GUY WIRES.

They told me later the whole thing came down in a storm, and damaged their roof.

They could of had a nice pole mount but wanted it high up so no one could steal it.

They ended up with a pole mount.

Being a tech isn't always easy and the days can be long, but I love it. I've been there three years. Its a great place to work, unless you are lazy or stupid. Lots of opportunity for advancement, and lots of raises & incentives. Base pay varies according to your market. AFAIK it varies between 11.50 & 15.00, based on the performance of the office. Most techs make between 45k & 65k. Its not for everyone, but if its for you it can be a great career.

i'm a dish tech top level @ that and this is my 2 cents for the tech above that says his office is ranked high in the nation thats most likely b/c your midwest or southwest...Being a tech in the east weather it's north or southeast sucks...your contantly reminded of the bad economy HELL THEY JUST GAVE OUT THE YR REVIEWS AND NO ONE GOT A RAISE, but they can pay us 3-6 dollars to connect the boxes in the subs house, if i could do it over i would have taken the job with verzion, if you must work @ dish you dont wanna be in the install dept and if u must b aim for IM or GM FSM's do too much and r paid less then most techs

RegisteredUser said:
Being a tech isn't always easy and the days can be long, but I love it. I've been there three years. Its a great place to work, unless you are lazy or stupid. Lots of opportunity for advancement, and lots of raises & incentives. Base pay varies according to your market. AFAIK it varies between 11.50 & 15.00, based on the performance of the office. Most techs make between 45k & 65k. Its not for everyone, but if its for you it can be a great career.

I agree! I do admit there are SUCKY situations and there are many but it's just you out there. Sometimes we drive long distances too. Like 3-4 hours out and 3-4 hours back! Take your lunch when you feel like it. And if you are technical, you'll catch on fast. It's really not that hard if you pay attention and do the job right the first time!!! I'm sure all of the techs out there have had to fix some crappy work out there. You can have worse jobs than this. It really makes you feel good when the customer is so happy that you got their tv back up and running…

cant say because ive never worked there but a few months ago i googled " disgruntled dish network employee" and found some interesting items, there is also a site called screendoor.com ( or something similar ) that is also interesting

cant say because ive never worked there but a few months ago i googled " disgruntled dish network employee" and found some interesting items, there is also a site called screendoor.com ( or something similar ) that is also interesting

pretty sure you could do that with just about any big company and find the same things...

I'm a tech working directly for dish, I like my job. They provide me with the right tools I need to do the job, for the most part I like my FSMs (supervisors) and my fellow techs are competent. My office is ranked highly in the nation among all DNS offices, and turnover is extremely low. (all the guys have been there at least one year). Pay will vary by market.

LOL..."all the guys have been there at least one year" lmfao!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)