Is DISHN' IT UP Gone From Your Account?

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
Just wondering...is anyone missing "Dishn' It Up" from their account today? Mine's gone. Of course, DISH could still be working out the bugs on their website...

--OR--

They don't want an onslaught of customers doing receiver-swapping to lower their monthly bill.!protest

Just wondering...is anyone missing "Dishn' It Up" from their account today? Mine's gone. Of course, DISH could still be working out the bugs on their website...

--OR--

They don't want an onslaught of customers doing receiver-swapping to lower their monthly bill.!protest

Wouldn't something like this only be visable after you log into your online account and find it under "offers"?

It's been less than a year since I upgraded to a 722 so I wouldn't see it yet since then but I believe that is where I used to see it.

All I see in the offers for me is the Club Dish thing but it's hard for me to offer Dish (in the NYC DMA) to local friends and neighbors as Dish does not carry YES (SD or HD), MSG & MSG+(HD)+SNY-HD full time. Local cable here (TWC) and even DirecTV does all that here. :(

I had DIU constantly, even though I was not qualified since I had already done it withing a year...They fixed it!!

found out today that the prices will be going higher for any upgrades. last week it would have been $25 for me to get a 211k today, it would $50. They now know people will want to replace older boxes to lower there bill, so they can raise the prices on the dish it up TOO.

Phew! I was able to "downgrade" a 622 for a 612 with DIU a couple of weeks ago. $0.00 for the upgrade, or should I say downgrade. :) So far the 612 has been good, I hope it doesn't crap out on me (knocks on wood).

If DISH has intentionally dropped DIU to curtail customers' wishes to downgrade, then I think they're really stooping to new lows. Maybe it will return in a month or two when they feel the "dust has settled"?

I asked about adding a 2nd HD receiver on chat today and it is the same price as before. The tech said that DIU was removed for the redesign and will come back soon with a different name. Still $100 for me to add a HD solo receiver and $7 per month more per bill.

It's moved, on the Dishnetwork main page (before logging in) in the middle. Click on the new technology for existing customers link. It then says to call for great upgrade offers.

Note... Dishing It UP isn't something that has been on Dish forever. Before that they had a different program. Before that they didn't have anything formal for existing customer upgrades. We'll just have to see if they are going to have a new program or not for existing customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts