Is DLP on the way out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You can buy today a 1080p JVC LCoS RPTV in 56" or maybe even 61" size for around $2,000. And the picture is great. Too bad JVC can't seem to market anything.

I used to think plasmas looked like a bunch of dots. Then this past weekend I went out of my way to see a Pioneer Kuro. I must admit I was impressed. But I won't be seeing one in 60" for $4,000. And is it worth some multiple of LCoS or DLP RPTVs for the same size unit?

I suspect that as the digital transition kicks in, HDTV sales will increase yet again. And non-CRT RPTVs will surge in sales. Thin is sexy. RPTV is affordable. Advertise sports cars, sell family sedans.

And we'll all await the coming of OLED.

I used to think plasmas looked like a bunch of dots. Then this past weekend I went out of my way to see a Pioneer Kuro. I must admit I was impressed. But I won't be seeing one in 60" for $4,000. And is it worth some multiple of LCoS or DLP RPTVs for the same size unit?

Exactly what I've been saying. I've seen some good looking plasmas, but with the exception of 1 Visio model, the only decent looking plasmas were several grand. Way out of the price range of most people. Most plasmas I've seen look like crap.

I also have a 2003 Mitsubishi CRT RPTV. I love it. It's a medallion, I beleive. I wish I could find out how much bulbs will be for it.
I called Mitsubishi last year because I was thinking about replacing the CRTs while the set was still under extended warranty. The parts person told me the CRTs weren't available because they they are not replaceable?:confused:

Something founds fishy...

"Guns" or "tubes" not "bulbs."

Parts are generally available for 5-7 years, regulated by states. Lot's of exceptions, though. I guess if they class it as "not replaceable" they avoid it. No doubt they want out of dealing with CRTs in any manner shape or form. And to get you to buy new.

Still gotta say the dlp gives the best "film" or "theater" picture.I just never got the theater feeling from the lcd i have (now grounded to the bedroom). Lcd reminds me of looking at a computer screen while plasma gives of an almost fake "plastic" look. As long as dlp is around ill be right next to it. Sometimes I forget im at home and not at the cinema watching blu-ray or hd-dvd movies on it.

Funny. I bought my LCoS unit because I thought it looked more "film-like" and the DLP looked more "digital."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)