Is E* cheaper than D*?

I have to ask since there is so many E* subs that say that E* is cheaper than D* and are backing up Dish Network statement about not wanting to put the price tag of packages like MLB EI or channels into subs. Can someone look at the prices and let us know how much cheaper is Dish Network to DirecTv?

Really easy question for me to answer with the package to which I currently subscribe:

Dish AEP: $89.99
Direct TV Premiere: $99.99 (Direct has recently messed with the package deal, so please feel free to correct amount).

Savings of $10.00 per month on Dish, although Dish used to be even less expensive. Also, Dish has a few more premium movie channels than Direct. There is no compelling reason for me to ever go to Direct. I don't care about the exclusive out-of market games. Also, I have several dual tuner boxes allowing for great flexibility for recordings and viewings that neither Direct or Cable can match, not to mention the 3 DVR's, and soon to add a 4th.

This is simplistic yet... but price aside so long as the difference isnt too unreasonable, go for the programming. Its great having DVR's. But month by month if there isnt as much on that you would enjoy watching these new subscriber offers wont be worth as much at they seemed originally.

So the $89.99 price includes the locals? or you add $5.00 for your locals making it $94.99 for AEP + locals?

I have the AEP and I think you have to pay for the locals as extra. I have to check my bill but I do think they are not included as part of the AEP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)