Is G18 goofy or is it me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Is G18 123W having issues?

When I put the dish back up a couple months ago *roof got replaced) the signals werent the best across the board...so a slight elevation on the dish fixed all of that

I get good numbers across the board but G18 is a real dud. Only thing I seem to get is the VA transponder (11732)...all the rest are minimal or not there

125W is real good. Montana at max, PBS HD around 70, the other PBS mux at 77 and on 121 they all read good too

Is it the satellite or are those 2 sats so strong that even if I am off a hair they still read good signal?

The 3CTV channels have been gone for 3-4 weeks now. UWTV seems real weak. Getting the VA mux OK. The 2 religious channels are watchable here but almost borderline SQ. So it might be something with the sat.

edit: Just noticed this was post # 1000!

I get the following on my Prof 7500 and 90 cm Fortec:

VA 60 Q
UWTV 44 Q
Daystar 100 Q
KBS World 100 Q
Peace TV 100 Q
FSTV DVB-S2 44 Q
IP Data Mux 11880 V 30000 100 Q

Seems pretty normal to me.

interesting that photman shows good signal yet he is on the west coast if I remember correctly (closer to the sat longitude wise)

both myself and lar are further east and having issues

hmmm.....anybody in the midwest or east showing good signal?

Im near Ottawa Canada 45N 75W and getting it fine 11730, 11830, 11965, 12077, 12113, 12134 on a 2104D DVB, 37 inch D/W dish. Not really much there to watch though.

I picked UWTV back with good quality. This sat is going up and down, by the way good College football UW right now

Last edited:
Getting good signals here on my .90 primestar.....87=90 strength/99 quality on the Icon on all the previously listed channels. Maybe varying power levels earlier....?

well even the old FTA vet can have amnesia...checked it that night, saw the issues and posted right away

checked last night and everything is back to normal...all signals show up

whoops :eek:

Must be that atmosphere! Been getting some strange reception on my police scanner the last 3 days or so. Im sure it messes with satellite signals somewhat also.

Iceberg,
Is it possible that the signal FROM Seattle was washed out in the rain at the uplink? I do not know where the uplink is, but my little sis said they had up to an inch an hour of rain for 2 - 3 days --- in heavy showers, not continuous. Also some trees down in the Montlake Cut, which is near UW, might have been in way of uplink, or taken out power. The path to the shell house was supposedly blocked by trees.
POP

OK, Thanks for the additional insight. More on my plate to try to learn.... Next time I am in Seattle I will try to hook up with some of my old enrineering buddies and see if they know about, or know who to contact at UW and find out where the uplink, etc., is, and what they uplink. There was a microwave link between NWCN and UW at one time, but I do not know which way the link went. The last time I worked around any of that was about 1988 or so when TBN moved KTBW from University Place in Tacoma to Federal Way.

I thing I do know, the back up power at UW was at a center location, so if Seattle City Light went down on the supply feed the campus would all come up together from the back up. BUT, if there was a power feed issue on campus, there was a big chance it would take some time to bring it up; therefore my thought about trees (and power lines) down in the cut, near the shell house. (If you have never watched the racing shell (boats) races you may not know what I am talking about, and not place to explain on this thread.)

that's a weakish satellite on my end. I have never been able to get the VA mux, UW is borderline most of the time, right now I'm only getting Daystar, Peace TV and the scrambled KBS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)