Is GAC Still Showing Up For Bronze Customers?

EvilEuro

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 13, 2005
I have a friend who works for a company that tracks television viewership and he asked me this morning if I knew whether or not GAC is still showing up for Bronze customers? As I have the Everything Pack I can't answer that question. But the GAC prevew was supposed to end on 1 December, was it not? From reading a few other threads it appears that Silver and Bronze customers were still showing GAC as being available through yesterday.

So... is there anyone with Silver or Bronze that is still showing GAC in their channel lineup and able to view it as of today?

Last edited:
I have a friend who works for Nielsen and he asked me this morning if I knew whether or not GAC is still showing up for Bronze customers? As I have the Everything Pack I can't answer that question. But the GAC prevew was supposed to end on 1 December, was it not? From reading a few other threads it appears that Silver and Bronze customers were still showing GAC as being available through yesterday.

So... is there anyone with Silver or Bronze that is still showing GAC in their channel lineup and able to view it as of today?

I have bronze and was still getting GAC before leaving for work today. And I believe the free preview was to have ended around November 1 -- I do know GAC has been available for several weeks now after the preview ended.

It also appears Nat Geo channel is remaining beyond its free preview period.

Eric

I have bronze and was still getting GAC before leaving for work today. And I believe the free preview was to have ended around November 1 -- I do know GAC has been available for several weeks now after the preview ended.

It also appears Nat Geo channel is remaining beyond its free preview period.

Eric

Correct. It is still up and should have come down about a month ago with the free preview. ESPNU was actually announced as an addition to the package but around the same time, we began to get Style and eventually wound up with GAC and National Geographic when they did not come down after the free preview period.

A co-worker of mine with Bronze says that NHL Network is still up on 403 and it is no longer on the Free Preview (102) listings. I haven't actually checked that as I get it on 625 with Center Ice. Needless to say, there have been several nice changes.

shhhhhhhhhhh,

what is wrong with you people ?

don't you like getting free extra channels?

even welcome pack and currently unsubbed receivers are showing these, don't make a case out of it and tell your "freind" to stay out of it and stop making waves. If he was anybody he would have his own dish box anyway wouldn't he. What you don't want to do is contact dish or the channel and ask them why am I still getting these channels on dish, real dumb IMO.

now everybody be very quiet and maybe we can enjoy all these channels till the end of the year. But enjoy them while they last, if people keep starting threads every other day just watch how fast they disappear.

i guessing were getting these extra channels that aren't in our package as a thank you from Dish Network as a customer. i'm not complaining, i have people in my household who love GAC anyway. i happy to have ESPNU, the only ESPN i didn't get until it moved to the bronze package. i got the sliver package anyway. so any bronze channels are already in the package as sliver is pretty much an upgraded version of bronze to those who upgraded to sliver from bronze.

MAD MAD MAD!

I just lost GAC today :mad:. I am so mad. I did not know that it was just a preview. I just signed up with Dish 2 months ago, and I swear that it was on the channel list I printed out (of course I can't find it now). No where did it say it was just a temporary preview. This was one of the reasons I choose Dish over DirectTV. How can they get away with this crap?

Now I'm wondering what other channels are just a preview? Of course the woman at customer service didn't know. Anyone know here? I have the Classic Bronze 100 package..

Heather

I just lost GAC today :mad:. I am so mad. I did not know that it was just a preview. I just signed up with Dish 2 months ago, and I swear that it was on the channel list I printed out (of course I can't find it now). No where did it say it was just a temporary preview. This was one of the reasons I choose Dish over DirectTV. How can they get away with this crap?

Now I'm wondering what other channels are just a preview? Of course the woman at customer service didn't know. Anyone know here? I have the Classic Bronze 100 package..

Heather
Go to channel 102 and you'll see which channels are on free preview.

Also, there is suppose to be an uplink report today because I just discovered 3 more SIRIUS Holiday music channels mapped down to the 90s range.

Heather

Yeah also Style and National Geographic are gone on my TV Guide. I remember having Style for quite a while.

looks like Dish uplink finally caught up and shut the channels back off for non gold users, enjoy it while it last because it won't happen again. i guessing uplink department might been having issues with flagging channels that ended free preview automatically.

You were all warned to keep it to yourself and delete thread, thank OP evileuro and his alleged friend in the industry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)