Is Gameplan even worth it anymore?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

psychotrope

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
What do you think? Is Gameplan still worth buying? According to my sources nearly all of the games appearing on Gameplan this season will also be available on ESPN3.com - where you can watch up to four games at one time - or on some of the Multi-sport Package channels (Altitude and SNY seem to show all of the Big East ESPN+ games for example). But it seems you don't even need the Multi-sport pack. The schedule I have shows the first two weeks with ALL of the Gameplan games also showing on ESPN3.com (weekends after that aren't finalized yet)! And Gameplan is NOT in HD, as we all know, whereas you can get widescreen feeds that look higher-quality on ESPN3.com. Has ESPN made their own Gameplan product obsolete by making ESPN3.com so great? WDYT?

I agree. I had Gameplan for 10 years but not having the games in HD I will not renew this year. I can see anything I want on ESPN3.com now and everything I watch on TV is in HD. If they don't upgrade it to HD, or at least the games that are available, I just don't see why someone would spend $110.

Gameplan is nice if you can't get ESPN3, or (like me) don't want to watch games on a computer in your office rather than on your nice TV in the comfort of your living room. However, since they're adding ESPN3 support to XBOX this fall, I'm looking forward to using that :). It is pretty bad that they don't offer HD yet, at least for the ABC regional games and SEC Network/Raycom games. Very few of the other Gameplan games are produced in HD to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)