Is GOL still available?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
Glendale, AZ
I went to watch some soccer on Gol earlier, but was unable to pick up a signal. Does anyone know if GOL is still available on Dish? Also - can someone recommend a good dish for my 3618 receiver? I do not want a huge dish, but something that will allow me to pick up more FTA channels (I just have an 18" dish right now). Thanks for the help.

I can highly recommend the DS2076 Winegard 75cm/30" dish and the Invacom range of LNBF an awesome combo.
I will have a look at Gol TV but hopefully someone will beat me to it!

Thanks - now at least I know it is a problem with my system. It is strange that I can't receive Gol anymore, but I do pick up the Dish pay per view preview channels. In fact, I am showing a signal quality of 88% on those. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

You are picking up PPV channels with a un-hacked receiver? You mean PPV barkers..

Yes, is that what they are called? I am picking up five or six of these channels, but no more Gol. I have tried the blind scan several times now and I still cannot get Gol. It is kind of weird that one day I can get it and the next I can't.

What kind of LNBF are you using Hoss? I pick up NASA at 119w with my KU standard LNBF, but I cant pick up Gol TV on 110w using the same method because of other satellites/spot beams, maybe something has changed "up there" that has resulted in this loss at your end, hope not!

I am using an old 18" Sony dish I used to use for Directv reception. I watched Gol for several hours last weekend and then today I could not get a signal. For some reason, it now shows 0 for signal quality. At least I now have an excuse to purchase a better dish and LNB. Thanks for your help! Hey Pete - do you sell the dish and LNB that you suggested I purchase? Update - I think I have some sort of receiver malfunction with my 3618 which would explain why I am not receiving Gol.

This must be the BEST FTA channel up there in my humble opinion : )

PSB said:
This must be the BEST FTA channel up there in my humble opinion : )

Does G3 12000 V 4880 come in 2nd? :)

(for the uninformed, this is the Fighting Sioux Sports Network...whuich shows NoDakota hockey)

It was up until Saturday night :(

But will be again come the new season :)

one of my favorites was AMC9 11953 H 3978 (was V until the satellite move)
(this was the feed for the UMD road games) :)

i prefer AMC9 12080 H analog myself :)

(mls soccer feeds)

but then goltv is a close second

(oh and if you got to see goltv this weekend you saw a doozie of a match. Real Madrid vs Barcelona... biggest game in spain, and biggest game of the weekend in the whole world

What is goltv or GOL.. Which sat is it on.. If I am reading this correctly it is on 110W, do I need to use a Circular LNBF?

Thanks Pete. I am a soccer nut, this is awesome, time to get that pole in the ground so that I can continue this...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts