Is GPB moving to 125W with PBS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bluztrvler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
South Carolina
Does anyone know if Georgia Public Broadcasting is moving with PBS to 125 W. My signal on AMC3 faded out a few months ago, and I haven't seen it since.

Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate the answer. I live in SC, and AMC 3 is at the top of my arc (as you said, nearly true south), I set up my FTA system last night, and the signal qualities were so much better on AMC 21, that I was hoping that GPB would go there also.

I wouldnt mind if it went there too but that would involve a fair amount of stations in GA to move their dishes :)

I saw something on there last night that was color bars with the letters S C E T V on it. South Carolina educational TV?

SCETV

I have seen that a couple times. My guess is that it is an occasional feed from SCETV to the national PBS. It would be cool if it was SC's PBS like the Montana feed, but it doesn't seem to be.

Gpb on amc-3 is giving me quality of 79% with a 10' mesh SAMI dish and Chaparall orthomode dual c dual Ku feedhorn connected to a DSR-905 in Huntington, WV.

I saw something on there last night that was color bars with the letters S C E T V on it. South Carolina educational TV?

SCETV is one of the PBS regional uplink stations, so they feed various public tv syndicaton programming to the PBS network of stations.

SCETV itself is on EDS1/T14 and I don't know if they are going to move to AMC-21 or stay.

All I know about AMC-21 is that there are 2 transponders to be dedicated to state PBS networks but I don't exactly which ones (other than LPB) will be using the segment until they are observed on AMC-21.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)