Status
Please reply by conversation.

IbrahimSS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
New Jersey
Hello

I just received a ViewSat Ultra and I tried to power it up but nothing at all is happening. Do these things commonly arrive DOA?

Thanks
Sam

If you've plugged it in with nothing attached, flipped the switch in the back (I think ultra's have them) and get nothing on the LED's on the front even after pressing the front power button, then I would contact gosatellite.

Sometimes they take a second or two to come on, but not long

I don't have an ultra, but I have to believe they are similar to other receivers. Maybe try just a video cable from receiver to tv to see if anything comes on if the LED's work on the front.

That pesky switch on the back:D
Remember that's the switch you have to turn off to work on the switches, wire and lnbs:)

If you've plugged it in with nothing attached, flipped the switch in the back (I think ultra's have them) and get nothing on the LED's on the front even after pressing the front power button, then I would contact gosatellite.

Sometimes they take a second or two to come on, but not long

I don't have an ultra, but I have to believe they are similar to other receivers. Maybe try just a video cable from receiver to tv to see if anything comes on if the LED's work on the front.

You are correct . One other thing , if he has the sat cable connected , a short will cause most receivers not to " boot up " .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New Coolsat 8000 HD waste of money?

Help installing a motorized system...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts