Is it OK to LIE?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When i first moved my locals were not available. I moved, got chicago and DNS, now that my true locals are online I will not move back because of DNS and HD. Even when my true locals go online HD I will not use them because the local CBS said that they will never go high def.

In Denver area you can't get ABC,NBC or CBS because of a law suit over a tower. Yet NBC and ABC deny the waiver for HD still why? I refuse to watch those networks and those two networks even lose out my viewing habits.

I am now in the process of getting tested for the signals that are not receivable and I will be very happy to send the bill to the local stations that denied the waivers.....

I'm really disturbed by the lack of ethics here by everyone in the YES, LIE column. There are bad laws, and those bad laws must be openly challenged in court. Your lies bury the problem and the lawmakers pat themselves on the back at how good a job they've done pleasing everyone. Just because it's expedient for you to lie and get what you want, doesn't make it the right thing to do. My two cents.

cr0mag said:
... There should be no reason in the world that a customer is not allowed to view any channel that they are willing to pay for. ...

However, of course, there is a reason you can't. The law!

Is there a moderator in the house with morals? If so, please CLOSE THIS THREAD!
We don't need anymore posts telling us to GO AHEAD and BREAK THE LAW.

voomster2 said:
Going back to the original post. How is that "breaking" the law :confused: :confused: :confused: .

Here's a twist:

After spending thousands on a system and a continuing investment in D*'s monthly charges, our politicians cave in to preassure (ie. Campaign contributions) and decide to enact legislations that take away your precious HD programming in order to protect the franchise that paid for the vote. Would you then consider it OK to move to a neighboring zip code? Or would you look at your very expensive pile of junk, wring your hands and begin a grass roots effort to overturn the law?

Well I am doing the test to prove that the stations lied about me being able to get their digital signal. No I will not "move" my location but I am going to force the stations to pay for the test when I shouldn't have to do this at all. Yes I live north of Denver and the networks in question are ABC and NBC.

Proving that I can't get a signal is just plan silly in this case since anyone not living very close to downtown Denver knows you can't get their signal but do they care no. It has nothing to do with morals and everything to do with money.

I don't advocate lying, but I find the entire concept of protectionism reprehensible. Make all the locals available to all customers, let the market decide. Local station losing too many viewers? Provide a better signal, provide compelling local content (whichever PBS runs "Doctor Who" is the one I would subscribe to), then we will come back. Somebody with unlimited financial resources should not be prohibited from subscribing to ALL local markets if they are really that addicted to watching TV.

Definatly stick it to them, some of these affiliates deserve to have to pay for the test. If I wasn't 2 miles from the transmission towers here - I would love to stick it to our local affiliates (they are aweful - especially the ABC and NBC Fox is O/O)

I know that up in Loveland is WAY to far to get a digital signal - I had enough trouble getting my mother-in-laws working for analog in Berthoud. (And it is not the best picture quality)

voomster2 said:

I have plenty of morals....so just because I forgot to tell Dish that I moved, it's my fault?

Again, I'm still PAYING for my services.

If you look through the threads, there are PLENTY of threads on doing it. Again, we are PAYING for a service. If we weren't, then I would lock it.

even more important - our opinions tend to reflect the majority of people's out there. We're NOT a hacking site, but this falls under the same area as BEV users in the USA. It's "allowed"

hancox said:
even more important - our opinions tend to reflect the majority of people's out there. We're NOT a hacking site, but this falls under the same area as BEV users in the USA. It's "allowed"
i agree totally, treat the company as they treat u which in most cases is s**t, they dont value anyones opinion cause if they did dtv would have tnthd and espnhd now, but they dont care about existing customers, although they want new ones

Give dtv hell they deserve it, what goes around comes around

hancox said:

I have StarChoice and I forgot to move.... :)

Pepper said:
I don't advocate lying, but I find the entire concept of protectionism reprehensible. Make all the locals available to all customers, let the market decide. Local station losing too many viewers? Provide a better signal, provide compelling local content (whichever PBS runs "Doctor Who" is the one I would subscribe to), then we will come back. Somebody with unlimited financial resources should not be prohibited from subscribing to ALL local markets if they are really that addicted to watching TV.

Amen! Another fine reader that understands that local affiliates are ILLEGAL MONOPOLIES that use 30+ year old rules and legal maneuvers to deny viewers access, instead of upgrading and providing a decent service to ALL of the market viewers they lay claim to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)