Is it possible to connect wireless Joeys via powerline adapters?

Would that provide access to all dvr content, even EHD, and VOD services just like using the wireless Joey? And is the interface/guide the same? Also the :30 skip foreward and :10 skip back just like the dish remote so shows can be paused and commercials skipped?
No access to EHD or Sirius channels. Can't input channel numbers, have to scroll. Interfaces are on different sides of the galaxy. If this TV is one you watch often, DO NOT mess with a Firestick...too fussy!

No access to EHD. If this TV is one you watch often, DO NOT mess with a Firestick...too fussy!

Yes, we watch it every day, it is in the master bedroom, and it must function like the Dish receiver. So I guess I am back to making Dish work better.

There could be options. First, is there any way you can get that WAP closer to the bedroom. You can use an extended ethernet cable if it is possible. Second, it could be possible to extend that coax on the wrong wall to the new wall. When i say extend, I mean just that, you can't use a splitter. You could drop a new coax down each wall and use a coupler to tie the new coax to the old. You might need a professional to get this done but it fixes everything.
OR< he could connect that coax in the bedroom to the Solo Hub\Client port and connect a HIC to it in the Bedroom and relocate the WAP to the HIC and that would be the best option for that Wireless Joey, and I believe it's his only wireless joey? The only downside would be hiding the HIC\WAP

I had the same situation. Here's the FIX: Get a HIC (Hopper Internet Connector) and connect to coax on other wall (make sure it is connected to the node). Attach coax to HIC's Home Video Network connection. Cap off the neighbor Pass Thru connector. Set up WAP next to it. Connect HIC and WAP with ethernet cable. Make sure slide witch is set to Access Point. Now you're "In The Room". It's called a HIC in reverse.
Ahh, yes, I didn't see this post KAB so I apologize for plagiarizing!
I really need to read through a thread before I start replying...

OR< he could connect that coax in the bedroom to the Solo Hub\Client port and connect a HIC to it in the Bedroom and relocate the WAP to the HIC and that would be the best option for that Wireless Joey, and I believe it's his only wireless joey? The only downside would be hiding the HIC\WAP

All the three upstairs bedrooms have wireless joeys, but the only one that I watch is the one in the master bedroom so that is the only one I am concerned with.

All the three upstairs bedrooms have wireless joeys, but the only one that I watch is the one in the master bedroom so that is the only one I am concerned with.
Since their all upstairs, it would benefit them all as I assume the WAP would be closer to all three than it is where the Hopper is located

Since their all upstairs, it would benefit them all as I assume the WAP would be closer to all three than it is where the Hopper is located

I think that is probably true, although the other two bedrooms are above the hopper so it only has to go through the ceiling, whereas the master bedroom is upstairs and several walls away as well.

I think that is probably true, although the other two bedrooms are above the hopper so it only has to go through the ceiling, whereas the master bedroom is upstairs and several walls away as well.
You could actually leave the WAP at the Hopper and add a 2nd WAP at the HIC, then go into the Whole Home settings and link the MBR Joey to that WAP. You can even rename that wap Master Bedroom in the same menu at the Hopper. I do that with 2 WAP installs all the time, so I know which is which

Would that provide access to all dvr content, even EHD, and VOD services just like using the wireless Joey? And is the interface/guide the same? Also the :30 skip foreward and :10 skip back just like the dish remote so shows can be paused and commercials skipped?

I don't believe we can see the EHD from a FireTV Stick. I used to be able to do that on my 722 w/Sling Adapter, but Dish quashed that ability too. :crying The interface is not as zippy nor as reliable as my J3's. I don't know how fast any other Joey is, but a wireless Joey might be more comparable to the FireTV Stick.

I don't believe we can see the EHD from a FireTV Stick. I used to be able to do that on my 722 w/Sling.

Dish Anywhere does not see any content on external hard drives and the Firestick uses Dish Anywhere.
My biggest wish would be for Dish to allow access to content on external hard drives. Krell is correct when he states that the vip receivers used to allow access to external hard drive content using Dish Anywhere. It is something I really miss. I suspect that the content providers told Dish to discontinue it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Dish Anywhere does not see any content on external hard drives and the Firestick uses Dish Anywhere.
I suspect that the content providers told Dish to discontinue it.
Actually, the reason that Dish gave for that was hilarious. Dish said that the reason the VIP receivers were able to play back EHD content with Dish Anywhere, was because of a software bug. Supposedly, the VIP receivers were never meant to do this, and it only worked because of a software bug!

I have to hand it to Dish for using some very creative thinking to come up with that excuse for why the Hoppers were not able to do that.

Actually, the reason that Dish gave for that was hilarious. Dish said that the reason the VIP receivers were able to play back EHD content with Dish Anywhere, was because of a software bug. Supposedly, the VIP receivers were never meant to do this, and it only worked because of a software bug!

I have to hand it to Dish for using some very creative thinking to come up with that excuse for why the Hoppers were not able to do that.
Actually, that was true.

I was able to move the WAP higher and to a different location in the living room that goes through fewer walls. I am now seeing signal strength at the upstairs master bedroom WJ fluctuating between 60 and 70 (was 48 to 60 before), so hopefully that will help. If this doesn't help much, I will look at relocating the WAP with the HIC's.

Reactions: Bobby and TheKrell