Is it possible to receive the satellite Star One C2 (70W) in Miami?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

roreb

Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
According to its footprint it is. I am interested in its Brazilian channels. Has anyone ever been able to do that? What receptor and dish size?
Thanks!

Yeah, but if you click on "All Beans" on the green line header of the page, there is a Bean called Mexico that extends the footprint to Miami. I am new with satellites. Is it correct? Tks.

If you look on the "Frequency chart" none of the transponders broadcast on the "Mexican" beam, The satellite could broadcast on the "Mexican" beam if they needed to.

You are correct. I thought the frequency chart had only "South America" beams because that's the beam that those users that updated the info used. But isn't it strange that the Mexicam beam isn't mentioned on the freq. chart at all? Shouldn't Lyngsat have all the information from all beams? I really hoped that was possible :) I appreciate your help.
Tks.

It is possible that the satellite does not use the "Mexican" beam (That section of the satellite is turned off to save power for the rest of the satellite), but was built with the intention of a provider (at that time) wanting to create a service to provide to Mexico but in the end it never happened.

I can barely get some TP's on this satellite just North of New Orleans,LA, but not all of them. I could get them with my 7.5 when I had it too, my Paraclipse isn't the most accurate in the world, but it does alright...

Give it a shot.:)

If you want to watch Brazilian TV, but don't mind what channel is, there a site in the internet you can go to watch for free as well as for other language speaking peoples.

www.tvunetworks.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)